Second Skin Audio

Walling options on my burban....

Ok so I'm sure some of you know I'm almost done with my 06 suburban DC audio ground pounder rebuild....

Well my question is that I want some guys opinons, that actually have or had experience with this

Ok so the setup is:

3- 270HO mechmans

6+,6- 1/0 to rear battery bank

8- D3400s

/\ just to explain that I have a decent enough chargin system....

Sub stage consist of

9 15" DC XLs with carbon caps

3 DC 5ks running at .97 ohm each

What I'm looking for opinons on is...

Should I just try to redo my box and leave it subs up and port up and find somewhere else to mount my amps instead of under my box... (Raised it 3")

Or...

What I'm wantin to do is

Buy 3 more 15" DC XLs and run 12 in a ported clam and buy 1 more 5k for the next 3 subs

I'm clueless on walls iv never rly built one unless you count my old ody blazer that had 2 15" solo l5s lol just beauty panels made it a wall I guess...

But I know I will gain some b/c of 5kw more to my total wrms along with more cone area... But if I'm walling my burb at the c pillar to keep my back seat for my son is it rly worth it to wall it? Like will I get all the advantages you usually get from a b pillar wall??

Just wanting some opinons?? I hate to sound newbish.. But iv never messed with clams or any walls or Wte

Thanks guys...

This could be a v2 of the burb rebuild in say 3-6 months???

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

I know clamshells take up alot of space and the one i saw was sealed. Personally i dont think you have space for a ported clamshell behind the C pillar in a burban. A sealed clam is a different story all together and the sealed clam i heard was the more intense and best sounding system i've every heard personally.(Thank you Randy A.K.A. Assman :drinks: )

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

There is TONS of space behind the second row, You should be fine.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Archived