Second Skin Audio

BOX DESIGN PITA

chapo123

okay some of you know i got a single cab pickup truck.. well i bought a kicker 10 l5 and i want to get this box built. space is limited :( i got 35in wide, 22in tall, and bottom depth (bottom of seats the floor) is 9in and the top by the head rests is 3in.. okay so how would i port this.. i really want a slot port. tuned to 30hz but i dont know how to port this?? its a slanted box and not square so i cant really think how? i have 2 4in flared aeroports i can use that are 14in long each but i really want a slot port not aero unless i HAVE too.. ideas?i just want it to move air and be loud to the ear,

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

well ive heard from alot of people that they only sound good if in a nice big enclousure. not a small one like mine. when i had the 2 12 lvl 3s with 2 4in aeros they werent musical just really peaky imo ive never heard any in a nice big enclousure..

heres a pic of how i would fire the aero. is one 4in enough port for 1 10? i really dont want it peaky but musical..

IMG_20110331_164602.jpg

IMG_20110331_164611.jpg

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

would it be possible to do a slot port with like a square port? so its like a square instead of aero? idk this one slumped me guys

1j1450.png

ignore this thread, im just going to go with the aero port i guess. will make it hella easier..

1j1450.png

Archived