wierd question

ok so this is a dumb ? but i rather be safe then sorry, this is hard to explain but if i had 2 bolts bolted through a wooden amp rack with current running through them and the amps sat right above the head of the bolts it would probably arc onto the amo right? well could i use silicone to keep that from happening?

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

12volts won't arc.

but I'd still be keeping 1/4inch gap between them, even a thin layer of MDF so there's no chance of it touching.

well i was going to flush mount the bolts and the amps would be right above them and i was going to fill up the hole of the bolt head with silicone

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

countersink the bolts then?

yah thats wat i was going to do and fill it with silicone but i just wanted to be on the safe side and make sure it wuldnt damage my amp since it would be sitting right above the head of the bolts

Archived