Second Skin Audio

switched subs not that loud as old subs

Just take a dmm to the subs at the amp.. And see what ohm load you have....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

audioque 2200d

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

i had 2 12 inch sony subs rated at 1200 watts 380 wrms single 4 ohms

new subs bout 6months old pioneer premier pro 12's rated at 3500 watts 1000wrms dual 2

amp: sony xplod rated at 900 watts at 2ohms

arent the pioneer supposed to be louder?

This is a simple answer to the question, dont listen to the people talking about gain settings and phase. They just dont know..

Your old subs are 380rms each which is 760rms total, powered by a 900wrms amp @ 2 ohms. Meaning you are over powering the woofers by 140 wrms.

Your new subs are 1000rms each which is 2000rms total, powered by the same 900wrms @ 2 ohms. Meaning your new woofers are now underpowered by 1100wrms!!! Thus making them quieter then the old subs.

Not hard to figure out people.

The only time I see this truly being an issue is if the cone is heavy enough to need RMS power to move, or the spiders are superstiff. But I've under powered subs ridiculously abd still got more performance than other subs powered more than RMS.

It's the enclosure. No, sealed is not bad, but the dimensions that would work prefab for xplodes won't do well for a larger driver.

And the amp settings are just all around good advice. What would be the point of getting a more powerful amp to keep gains and boost so dangerously high?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

audioque 2200d

I thought about that one at first but he's got dual 2s. Can't get them to a single 1 ohm load

POST READ FAIL.

For THREE d2s series/parallel a 2200d will work... my bad I thought we were talking two subs

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

audioque 2200d

I thought about that one at first but he's got dual 2s. Can't get them to a single 1 ohm load

POST READ FAIL.

For THREE d2s series/parallel a 2200d will work... my bad I thought we were talking two subs

2 12's pioneer a 2200 is perfect but for the other 3 i qas thinking of adding a 4th one and get an audioque 3500

audioque 2200d

POST READ FAIL.

2 12's pioneer a 2200 is perfect but for the other 3 i qas thinking of adding a 4th one and get an audioque 3500

Can't go wrong there... just make sure your electrical is up to the task :drink40:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

i had 2 12 inch sony subs rated at 1200 watts 380 wrms single 4 ohms

new subs bout 6months old pioneer premier pro 12's rated at 3500 watts 1000wrms dual 2

amp: sony xplod rated at 900 watts at 2ohms

arent the pioneer supposed to be louder?

This is a simple answer to the question, dont listen to the people talking about gain settings and phase. They just dont know..

Your old subs are 380rms each which is 760rms total, powered by a 900wrms amp @ 2 ohms. Meaning you are over powering the woofers by 140 wrms.

Your new subs are 1000rms each which is 2000rms total, powered by the same 900wrms @ 2 ohms. Meaning your new woofers are now underpowered by 1100wrms!!! Thus making them quieter then the old subs.

Not hard to figure out people.

underpowering a sub wont make it quieter because its underpowered...

a 1000rms sub on 500rms is quieter than a 600rms sub on 500rms? i dont think so...

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets

Archived