Biggest increase from show to show?

Hey peeps, I was just wondering if any of you know what the biggest SPL increase is from one person, from one show to the next, in MECA? Or any organized competitions. Is this something that is kept as a record?

I am determined to set some kind of record this year, and since it probably wont be a SPL record in my class, I was thinking maybe I will have the biggest SPL increase? The last show I attended, I did a 140.6, and I got a feeling I will have increased well over 10dbs since then! So does anyone know what would be the biggest increase from one show to the next?

Just trying to find something realistic to shoot for! Thanks to all for your time!

Edited by Purplehaze

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

same class or no? thats a big thing remember alot of sandbagging goes on too. the 160 plus guys may not have anyone in their class and do a 125 or so just to post a score and get points

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

same class or no? thats a big thing remember alot of sandbagging goes on too. the 160 plus guys may not have anyone in their class and do a 125 or so just to post a score and get points

Damn I didn't think about that, at all! Also your right, I'll be changing classes as well. Oh well it was a good idea for a min! Thanks again N8! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

^^ this.. people sandbag all the time.. in some instances people go to finals say doing a 150.. they magically do a 60+ at finals because they didnt need it at the shows they went to get their points

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

plus your talking about competing in a new year from the last show correct? records dont count in the next year.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

^^ this.. people sandbag all the time.. in some instances people go to finals say doing a 150.. they magically do a 60+ at finals because they didnt need it at the shows they went to get their points

Man that sandbagging shit is for the birds! I really hate that shit! If I ran the comp I would disqualify anyone for that immediately. I think it compromises the integrity of our sport.

plus your talking about competing in a new year from the last show correct? records dont count in the next year.

So none of the world records stand from year to year? I guess I'm confused, nothing new!

easiest way to post a record is sign up for a class no one competes in lol

Hmm not a bad idea. Extreme classes are usually empty...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

easiest way to post a record is sign up for a class no one competes in lol

pussy shit! we had a guy at meca state finals who registered for a higher class that no one was in just so he could get the big trophy. that isnt winning sir, thats admitting your system sucks and you had no chance in your own class so you took the easy way out. its called a competition for a reason. if you lose, you try harder to be better, accept your position, or you go home and quit. winning in car audio only gets you respect. wining against no one, on purpose gets you disrespect.

/rant

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

pussy shit! we had a guy at meca state finals who registered for a higher class that no one was in just so he could get the big trophy. that isnt winning sir, thats admitting your system sucks and you had no chance in your own class so you took the easy way out. its called a competition for a reason. if you lose, you try harder to be better, accept your position, or you go home and quit. winning in car audio only gets you respect. wining against no one, on purpose gets you disrespect.

/rant

VERY good point...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

pussy shit! we had a guy at meca state finals who registered for a higher class that no one was in just so he could get the big trophy. that isnt winning sir, thats admitting your system sucks and you had no chance in your own class so you took the easy way out. its called a competition for a reason.

Seems to me that the person in question had a mod 3 build in his truck. His transmission went out in said vehicle, so he drove what is basically his family car that has all types of mods to state finals and competed in the class that his car qualified in..So I certainly hope that you are not talking about my teammate. And if you are, that really makes YOU look like the person that you are demeaning in your post with such negative connatation about competition.

If you are not speaking about my teammate, then I digress. However, since Ackawilly was the only 1 at finals who was previously in another class and moved to a empty higher class, I assume that you are... In the future before you arbitraily assume something about someone or their build; remember that cars break down, people get in wrecks and equipments blows. For that reason, someone may have no choice but to enter a future show in a different class. You have previously been a voice of reason for Bassick that many respect, I certainly hope that you will continue being that person.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP