my front and rear lights are both tinted and have the stock lights in em, needless to say, they suck and it's time for an upgrade. Now I'm looking for the brightest non-Hid bulbs since frankly, idk how to hook them up and I'm a cheap ass. Suggestions?

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

HIDs are cheap from DDM tuning. I bought a pair but felt bad and didn't want to blind the shit out of people on the highway. So I picked up Philips X-treme power halogens; they advertise to be the brightest halogens available. Couldn't say if they really are, but they are definitely brighter than stock, and you can't find them at autozone or advanced. Got them on amazon for 30 bucks.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

HIDs are cheap from DDM tuning. I bought a pair but felt bad and didn't want to blind the shit out of people on the highway. So I picked up Philips X-treme power halogens; they advertise to be the brightest halogens available. Couldn't say if they really are, but they are definitely brighter than stock, and you can't find them at autozone or advanced. Got them on amazon for 30 bucks.

sweet ill go check em out

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Not too big on the bright halogens. Look at the back of the package on the sylvania's, they're rated for the lowest life of all their bulbs. When one of mine died it took a headlight harness with it. With mine I also had a hard time distinguishing between brights and dims, so i feel i was still blinding drivers.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

• 3 weeks later...

Another cheap way to make those lights bright is to add two five pin relays and a direct connection from the lights to the battery. Gives what you have that extra boost and it protects your harness. Adding stronger bulbs onto that will make you smile lol

HID's are easy to hook up OP. The hardest part is that you really should use hid's with projectors not stock reflector housing as the light will be scattered and blind the fawk out of other people driving in the stock housing even if you aim it down. If you are good with taking the housings apart you can take that stupid light guard that sits in front of the halogen bulb and remove it but what id say is that if you are doing that id just get some aftermarket HID projectors and buy HID's. Those protector covers that sit in front of the halogen bulb restrict the light that can emit from the housing of the light and removing it helps a ton with making it brighter. You can just for the hell of it try to swap your low beam light with your high beam bulb which should go from a 40w to a 55w i believe. This will make it brighter. Also if you haven't adjust the lights correctly on your vehicle to optimize how far the lights will shine down the road but still not blind someone that is in oncoming traffic. I set my projectors lower than you should set lights at because if i hit a bump in the road i didnt want my lights to bounce up with the vehicle and blind the hell out of the oncoming driver. I have it so that the cut off of my low beams sits at about 2-3 feet from the ground at a distance of 30 feet from a wall while keeping the vehicle level. I can see signs from over 3 blocks away with the reflective tape that they make the signs out of and my beam pattern does not get any higher than the window line on your door of a car.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

HID's are easy to hook up OP. The hardest part is that you really should use hid's with projectors not stock reflector housing as the light will be scattered and blind the fawk out of other people driving in the stock housing even if you aim it down. If you are good with taking the housings apart you can take that stupid light guard that sits in front of the halogen bulb and remove it but what id say is that if you are doing that id just get some aftermarket HID projectors and buy HID's. Those protector covers that sit in front of the halogen bulb restrict the light that can emit from the housing of the light and removing it helps a ton with making it brighter. You can just for the hell of it try to swap your low beam light with your high beam bulb which should go from a 40w to a 55w i believe. This will make it brighter. Also if you haven't adjust the lights correctly on your vehicle to optimize how far the lights will shine down the road but still not blind someone that is in oncoming traffic. I set my projectors lower than you should set lights at because if i hit a bump in the road i didnt want my lights to bounce up with the vehicle and blind the hell out of the oncoming driver. I have it so that the cut off of my low beams sits at about 2-3 feet from the ground at a distance of 30 feet from a wall while keeping the vehicle level. I can see signs from over 3 blocks away with the reflective tape that they make the signs out of and my beam pattern does not get any higher than the window line on your door of a car.

x2. Lol. I got mine installed for me, as I don't wanna mess with lights, but they're legal, aimed correctly, etc. I've been flashed in every state I've traveled through because they think my brights are on. Forget the wattage, but they're 6k HID's. I don't notice it now, since I've had them for 2-3 years, but I know when I first got em? Omg, so much brighter. Made everything shine. I could see those signs like a mile away. I actually don't know how they are legal as I turn my car on (remote start) while I'm inside and my lights come on. It's dark out, I have 2 panes of glass (2 sets of doors) as to which 1 of the panes is tinted, and those are still bright as hell. But eh, whatever.

Sheena = pedobear

Sylvania Silver-Star Ultras are very bright almost like a 6000k HiD but its just the bulb.

+, the hids are Very easy to install. plug and play is all there is to it man.

Sub - 1 Fi BL 15 Dual 1 running at .5 ohms - rebuilding - going to 2 in a 15+ cubic foot box.

Amp - Soundstream TX1.1300d

Mids - Orion Cobalt 6.5s

Tweets - Orion XTRPRO 1"

Wiring - 1/0 stinger ofc

HeadUnit - Pioneer AVH-P1400

Big 3 upgrade

Powercell - Soundquest SBQ2000

My Build!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude don't listen to them , don't waste your money on those Sylvania halogens . DDM Tuning is only $49 including shipping for a set of 35w hid slims ...

They are so easy to hook up, the "hardest" part is taking out your stock bulbs and putting the hids in . Not even that difficult, just dont touch the bulb with your bare hand cuz the oil will burn it out.

If your area is strict on hid's just avoid getting 6000K and up for color, stick with 4000-5000K , they are bright have amazing output and look stock unless you get 5000K which is a luxury style pure white .

Any headlight bulb will blind someone if you look directly into them, and it is possible to aim the bulbs correctly if you go about the correct way of aiming them.

At the end of the day HID's are one of the first must have upgrades, they are cheap, effective, and look amazing

Archived