Second Skin Audio

Can I get some opinions on this enclosure?

Jessica

If i increase my box height to 14" And adjust the displacement, I changed that a bit, i end up with 4.07cuft. I measured my aero ports and they are 18.5" long tip to tip. So i end up with this

ppcalc.jpg?t=1352754037

I think i can live with that.

Well, my car works like this, in order of loudness to the ear

1. subs up/port up = Loudest and peaky=ist

2. subs up/port back =best blend of response curve and output.

3. subs back/port up = Plays lows better but loses output overall

4. subs back/port back = Least output/best response curve (most rattles though)

i am using subs up port back (#2) because it reduces rattles and resonance. Gives me a sligtly peaky low end, but since i am adding midbass it wont matter, and is the second loudest configuration of all of the above.

Of course this is all by the ear, but at the end of the day that is all that matters isn't it? Not like i am competing.

I also decided to move the subs closer to the front of the box so tey are not so close to the port ends. I think that is a smart idea but i am really just guessing at this point.

goodaero.jpg?t=1352760720

Well it looks like you should be alright then. I am a noob and have no experience with aero ports lol. But it looks nice!

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

I would like some suggestions on sub placement, if someone knowledgeable could chime in on that. Am I doing the right thing by keeping them away from the end of the ports? I had planned on subs up/port back from the beginning and would like to keep it that way. I'm open to suggestions here. Thanks.

Archived