need advice for best sq from my system?

cris2216

I have a 2010 volkswagon jetta/GLi and it has a 3 way system upfront and a 2 way component set in the back. I was thinking of buying the precision power 3 way component speakers but are these good? http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9224-pc365c-precision-power-65-power-class-series-3-way-component-system.aspx

my budget for everything including amp, speakers and wires and a processor would be around $1600 which is low for sq but im trying to make the sound as clear as possible. Im also going to use the factory navigation it has. just give me pointers so i can start buying the stuff.

Well the speakers look sweet, What kind of HU you plan on running, how many amps, crossovers or EQs? 1600 is pretty low, maybe get your front stage done first and save the rear for last if at all. Most SQ systems dont run rear fill but thats prefference in my opinion. but dont be affraid to build it in stages especaily with sound deadener, runing new wires and making sure your electrical is up to snuff for your system.

I'm thinking you will need something like a Audio Control device (to convert your outputs to RCAs and perhaps set up an RCA output for your subs) to go in between your head unit and your input to your amplifiers ...

If you insist on using your factory headunit ... I'm not sure what you think a "processor" is going to do to help with your system.

Well ... With that budget anyways

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking you will need something like a Audio Control device (to convert your outputs to RCAs and perhaps set up an RCA output for your subs) to go in between your head unit and your input to your amplifiers ...

If you insist on using your factory headunit ... I'm not sure what you think a "processor" is going to do to help with your system.

Well ... With that budget anyways

Yes for what the processor, would be only usefull if you want to run active.

Nice SQ amp for your setup would be one of those http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SOUNDSTREAM-REFERENCE-REF4-760-4-CHANNEL-680-WATTS-RMS-AMPLIFIER-/150864743246?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item23203d4b4e&vxp=mtr as compsystem a nice Morel http://www.ebay.com/itm/Morel-VIRTUS-603-6-1-2-3-WAY-VIRTUS-SERIES-CAR-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SYSTEM-NEW-/360569708692?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item53f3a12094, for the rear you need nothing to fancy. Good SQ comes from the front

so a midclass 6.5 comp set and the gain´s low on your amp, would be fine.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived