Torque Wrench Recommendations

I have been doing some research on torque wrenches and I want to purchase one for my lugnuts, brake jobs, suspension work, or anything that a average guy can do.

So what do you guys recommend, my budget is around 100 bucks or less

From what I've read I might get a

• used snap on
  • craftsman
  • husky

What I dont want

• cheap wrenches ie harbor frieght'

but what do you guys think thanks

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I don't think you can get a 'Snap-on' anything for under a buck... Great tools but damn... And the 'Click' is the best feedback...

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

I have a clicky one from advance auto parts. Was cheap as hell but it gets the job done.

Have had my Craftsmen for years and it was worth every penny. Don't bother with the Harbor Freight garbage for something like a torque wrench. Just my opinion, but HF is great for tools you use rarely or serve a very specific need that you don't use often, but for important tools like torque specifications I'd rather pay a little bit more for lasting quality.

Oh yeah, and I definitely co-sign not wasting your cash on a digital POS. I have had 3 different friends buy digital ones that all took a dump on them!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I stopped liking craftsmen as soon as Danaher bought them :(

I would tend to agree, that's why I love all my older Craftsmen tools and ones my old man gave me! Quality that lasts!!

I liked my Snap On tools, but I found they broke just as much as Craftsmen and when I stopped working in a shop I couldn't get them replaced. I have a box of broken Snap On garbage now! :(

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tls/3675461874.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tls/3685527308.html

There are used snap on wrenches for $100 but they make me nervous bc the owner could have dropped them and messed them up, and snap on does not warranty them.

I'd almost rather get a new one such as craftsman just bc I know it's calibrated until I drop it.

Btw from what I've read hf torque wrenches are good for lug nuts, I wouldn't use them for anything else I think

Scion tC SQ Build

I stopped liking craftsmen as soon as Danaher bought them :(

I would tend to agree, that's why I love all my older Craftsmen tools and ones my old man gave me! Quality that lasts!!

I liked my Snap On tools, but I found they broke just as much as Craftsmen and when I stopped working in a shop I couldn't get them replaced. I have a box of broken Snap On garbage now! :(

Why does it matter if you work at a shop or not?

Scion tC SQ Build

Archived