Torque Wrench Recommendations

get the snap on. If you have a dealer you can always send it in to re-calibrated. You cant go wrong with a snap on tool. I have 4 different Snap On torque wrenches and they all work perfect without having them re-calibrated.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I stopped liking craftsmen as soon as Danaher bought them :(

I would tend to agree, that's why I love all my older Craftsmen tools and ones my old man gave me! Quality that lasts!!

I liked my Snap On tools, but I found they broke just as much as Craftsmen and when I stopped working in a shop I couldn't get them replaced. I have a box of broken Snap On garbage now! :(

Contact your local rep man, They should replace them for you. I know you can send tools into to snapon.com as well

I would tend to agree, that's why I love all my older Craftsmen tools and ones my old man gave me! Quality that lasts!!

I liked my Snap On tools, but I found they broke just as much as Craftsmen and when I stopped working in a shop I couldn't get them replaced. I have a box of broken Snap On garbage now! :(

Why does it matter if you work at a shop or not?

There is no local dealer by me, and no snap on truck to service my broken stuff

Contact your local rep man, They should replace them for you. I know you can send tools into to snapon.com as well

I have had them sitting around so long I honestly never even though to look into that, I'm going to have to look into that!

Side note, I wonder what shipping will be on a box of broken tools! Lol

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of skimmed through the posts so sorry if this was mentioned..

But "click" torque wrenches always need to be calibrated.
Otherwise whats the point of having a wrench to limit torque if its wrong haha

Im not sure about the digital ones, but it is probably waaaay easier to calibrate those

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest get a Snap-on one. Yes they are very Expensive, but they work very awesome, and hold up nicely. I have used many different brands, and types. My least Favorite one was one from Advanced Auto, forgot the brand, shop something or other, but it sucked, the click was very week, and the twist handle had a horrible lock, so bad that you can unintentionally change the torque spec.... The best that I have used is a Snap-On Digital Type one. It was easy to set, and not only did it beep when you got to the correct torque, it also vibrated, The one I used also told the the torque of the last swing you did, and also did degrees measurements, which can be handy for working on Engines. I have had one of those Craftsmen old school style ones for a long time, with the beam that moves along a set sweeping scale, it is actually very good, and torques evenly after being used for many years. one thing I might suggest is getting one with a head that can move,, that way you can get it into tight spaces.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Archived