Second Skin Audio

jbl gto 804 touring 8 inch 6,8,12 order band pass?

Cobb

Hi, thanks for having me as a member. :) I searched and did not find any results for jbl gto 804. I am totally new at this and this is what i have to work with. I also have a 10 farad cap 2 alpine m450 amps. I tried a sealed box I made, a pyle band pass, a sono tube a pepboys vented box and now a band pass from ebay. Yeah, wood working isnt something I have much experience at.

I recently find myself with plenty of free time and wanted to get some ideas and HELP at making the best box for these speakers and my current setup. I like listening to ganster rap music and love to feel the hit in my chest, petals of the car and seat while I drive. I also like some rock music with a heavy bass line.

I tried a calculator and it said I needed 15 liters of displacement on one side and 16 on the other. Then in inches it came out to lke 10x10x8. Maybe I am over thinking this, but can a 10x10x8 box hold 15 or 16 liters of soda? :)

Also where is the tores calculator? I can find references to use it, but I cant find the actual one. I found the google sketchup program, but I need to know the sizes first.

Here is the sub specs http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/BoxesandParameters/GTO%20804D.pdf

Here is an example of my current setup.

Thanks for any help.

2010 Honda Insight Eco Modded + PHEV

1995 Suzuki Sidekick 4wd 5 speed LJX

Welcome, to get Torres just google "Torres calculator" and you will be directed to his thread, then look for a link he's got in the first page to download the software.

I'd say consider tougher subs if you want a chest knocking experience, in the long run it will save you time and money, if just want to just work with what you got, then yes a custom box for your subs can make them sound better.

Thanks, Dont laugh but this is for a hybrid insight car. I wanted to do the David or design over brute force in the design considering the car doesnt have an alternator and the dc to dc converter is rated at like 70 amps.

This is a sealed box I made using a calculator I dowloaded from a 12 volt resource site, however when I was done I felt it was too small. The amp after 45 minutes would start clipping and became hot to the touch and started to smell like hot metal. I had purchased a 8 inch twin vented box, but those speakers from pepboys lasted 7 minutes. :) I purchased these to replace them and in 2 weeks I busted the inner workings of that box and made this. Thats the reason between all the screws since I broke the previous box.

Before any of this I use to buy the harness and a bazooka bass tube, but it was never enough. In the video above wieh the box and the subs angled to each other, do you think that is as good as it gets or is there more I can get from a design or amp? Ive searched these subs online and some sites says 200 watts rms, some say 400 rms, all see to say 800 watts peak. I know the m450 alpine amp is like 500 watts output and had wondered if a bigger amp would help. Most guys at work think I have 2 12s in the trunk when they hear it and are shocked to see the little box with the 2 8s.

484877_123025187884150_895635836_n.jpg

I am sorry, ever since they invented windows Ive been a lot less independed at the net. Why did they do away with DOS? :)

I keep getting a pop up to download iLividSetup.exe. Another page says I need to pay 4.99 a month to download stuff from mediafire. Yet on another page I see TorresBTC.zip, I am assuming this is what I need? Not sure why that file couldnt be hosted here on this site vs some "free" site. That would explain who soo many boobs, I ment noobs come here and ask for help and even reference the "free" tool to design boxes. :)

Whoops, that wasnt what I thoight it was. I was looking for something that went over the basic of the box sizes for the sub. The torres program looks more advance for porting or ports, slots, etc.

I was looking or a calculator to make a box like on this page in the frst few photos. Since I got 2 I was looking at possibility an isobarrack setup if that would give me more bang vs 2 boxes. I asked a friend about 2 differen box designs, but he said mixing drivers and designs would give you a head ache. As is I have the oem tweeters, some sony 6.5 inch speakers in the front that came with my radio and 2 kicker fs60s in the rear doors.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/

Well, screwing around with another vented box calculator I got 12x19x8 as the box size. The bandpass calculator I didnt understand the dimentionsas they were all cubed.I guess it was open to what I wanted as long as they all multipled up to the total?

Considering the 70 amp "alternator" that looks like it limits me to 800 watts continious or basically my 2 amps and subs.

Think Ill seek out an expert to give me some dimensions by paypal. :)

Sorry bro, this is all I got to work with. I was laid off a month ago. I got severance, savings and a hell of a lot of free time. Do you know anyone here who designs boxes if you do not?

Sorry bro, this is all I got to work with. I was laid off a month ago. I got severance, savings and a hell of a lot of free time. Do you know anyone here who designs boxes if you do not?

Besides JoeX, I know RAMdesigns, MMDdesigns, CleanSierra just to name a few ;)

Id help, but you sure as hell dont want me designing a box :P

I cant comment bro, I havent seen your box yet. :)

I like how the little band pass hits, but from what I am reading its really too small and likely falls in the catagory of a store band pass vs a real one. I think my sealed boxes were too small too in retrospec.

Since I got 2 Ive been toying with the idea of a isobarric one where the subs are bolted face to face or the rears share the same sealed box and the other sides are vented/ported. Ive had a big box before and the alpine 12e's in this car too, but the little 8s the guys at work think rock. Plus they seem to hit all the bass notes on one of my favorite songs never scared by bone crusher. :)

Ill look the other guys up. I tried a few of the calculators by ajdesigns and Ive screwed up copying the specs. One point they go from metric to standardand back, then another cm to mm and back. I think thats a factor of 10? I used the ajdesign calc to make the sealed box and see I messed it up.

Besides JoeX, I know RAMdesigns, MMDdesigns, CleanSierra just to name a few ;)

Id help, but you sure as hell dont want me designing a box :P

Archived