Second Skin Audio

Single Skar VVX v2 10"

Krakin

Okay so I'm finally getting to put a sub back in my truck. It's a single cab Sierra '03 so of course I got to make it pretty small. I just some one to look over my torres.

Gonna run it at about 800 watts probably give or take a little don't really trust my amp and haven't been able to clamp it.

The height and Depth are max dimensions. My only concern is I don't know if torres is correct for multiple aero ports.

310819_590329670977237_413757601_n.jpg

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I have the same year Sierra SCSB stepside as you. I have done quite a few different enclosures in that thing. Biggest box I was 7" Top Depth and 10" bottom. Your knees are gonna be in the dash with the measurements you listed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

And side note, as Joe noticed, are you really gonna try 2" ports? I'm not POSITIVE, but as much as that sub likes to breathe, I would think you're running a BIG risk of port noise with little 2 inchers.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

And side note, as Joe noticed, are you really gonna try 2" ports? I'm not POSITIVE, but as much as that sub likes to breathe, I would think you're running a BIG risk of port noise with little 2 inchers.

I'll try another with 7 top 10 bottom. I have no experience with the causes port noise. Any info on that will help tons.

Edit: Also have you found a better orientation for sub/port as in sub near passenger b-pillar port towards driver, ect?

Go here http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html to get the multiple ports tuning using the net vol Torres gives. Also a shame you have to do a tiny box with minimal port area since that sub is a beast with 26.5mm xmax.

Thanks I remembered the conversation I had with you over this a long time ago just couldn't find that link anywhere.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

16" tall? Last time I worked on one of those truck it was 14.25-14.5 to the panel you have running across the back wall. What side are you putting the box? I like sub behind driver, port to passenger b pillar.

'02 SVT Lightning

Pioneer 3200dvd

C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab

PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active)

AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter

16" tall? Last time I worked on one of those truck it was 14.25-14.5 to the panel you have running across the back wall. What side are you putting the box? I like sub behind driver, port to passenger b pillar.

removed the panel and the jack, this is far from a finished design now. Most likely going to make something to level it out.

I'm going back out to my truck to remeasure everything.

Best orientation for me has been subs too the far left behind driver, and ports firing at the B-pillar. When Windows are up its meh. When windows are down, it gets down pretty good.

Same here! Same setup I have right now.

'02 SVT Lightning

Pioneer 3200dvd

C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab

PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active)

AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter

Archived