Second Skin Audio

Single Skar VVX v2 10"

Krakin

The sub won't fit in the slot port box unless you add a spacer for the sub. You would only have 6.25" mounting depth and if the vvx2's are anything like the vvx1's dimensionally they have around 6.5" mounting depth and a vented pole that needs to breathe. The round port design looks good, but the ports are long and won't fit. I would try using a single 4". I used to have and RE SX in a 1.25cuft box with a single 4" port tuned to 33 and it got down. Right now I have the 2 skar 10s on 2.5cuft tuned to 34 with 2 4" ports and sounds great.

'02 SVT Lightning

Pioneer 3200dvd

C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab

PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active)

AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter

Okay I'll keep messing around with designs, I was worried about mounting depth but couldn't find any dimensions for it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'll just check it on Wednesday when the sub gets here.

Also it looks as if I will either have to do ports firing up and have a port bend that way, or have the ports bend inside the box to be able to fit.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Yes, but as of now no externals.

After I start getting more of these variables worked out I'll start making CAD designs.

Oh I know I have the room to put it in. And that bump is where I got the original depth from the first post. This is just the first step of my build. Have a plan on doing something similar to what the December System of the Month did with 2 SA-10s. Almost certainly going to ditch the third seat over summer.

As a side note we have an amazing sail boat that I'm going to try and fix up too, it's just sat for many many years so I'll have to do some repairs on it but everything so far looks great.

Port out the side and use an elbow, should work fine. I did a box like that for a vvx1 for a buddy and sounded good. When I measured the 4" elbow it was about 8.5-9" long down the center. Post up when you get the designs going, love seeing single cab builds lol I'm gonna try stuffing a pair of 12s in my truck soon to see how much difference the cone area makes.

'02 SVT Lightning

Pioneer 3200dvd

C&D 80ah under hood, 2 shuriken bt20's in cab

PPI BlackIce 800.4, Rockford T1 6.5comps, kicker KS 5.25comps(Running both active)

AQ 2200d, 2 Skar VVX-10s, 2.5@34hz, Epicenter

Archived