Key on, voltage drops.

So, batteries rest at 12.8v, turn key to "on" position and it slowly drops to about 12.2v

Volume at zero, heater fan off, But radio, a relay, and the 4 amps are on and of course the ignition coil too cause my car has no "acc" position.

Anyone else have that happen? They come right back up to 12.8 afterwards. Maybe i just need to top them off on the charger? Cant imagine its a bad cell, the batteries are pretty new but i guess i could have them load tested but the car starts easy even on those -15° days we had so i doubt that.

Just didn't think amps really drew any current at idle.

your car being on will suck juice dont think you have anything to worry about. I'm Gonna try mine out tomorrow and see what happens. i Cant tell you the last time i had put the key in And didn't start my car.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

maybe the fuel pump is turning on to. I know my key in the on position turns the pump on.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

maybe the fuel pump is turning on to. I know my key in the on position turns the pump on.

wel, yeah, the fuel pump does come on, but for only couple seconds until the pressure is built, then it shuts off. At least i'm pretty sure it does. The car is fuel injected so thats how its suppose to work, and i don't hear it running. I may check that though.

might be running at a low preasure to keep the preasure built up.

like all things electrical even if they aren't being used as long as they are on they pull small amounts of power.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Normal. You are turning in all the cars electronics/ motors/ lights/ gauges with the key on vs. just the radio and your amps

good to know, Snowdrifter

I never noticed it with flooded batteries, you know, regular maintance type. Since i have AGM could that be the difference? Or was i just not paying attention before?

^ using the same meter for both cases? if not could have been a difference in meter.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

using smd-vm1 and double checking with my DMM, so yes.

edit:

re-read your question,

I did have a different meter back then, Soooo, maybe? The old meter was accurate just not as fast, but this wouldnt require a fast meter to see.

Archived