Ever wonder how amplifiers work?

I have been researching a lot of electrical theories, laws, and applications lately. I recently came across a Handbook of Operational Amplifier Applications, written by Bruce Carter and Thomas R. Brown.

ABSTRACT

While in the process of reviewing Texas Instruments applications notes, including those

from Burr-Brown I uncovered a couple of treasures, this handbook on op amp

applications and one on active RC networks. These old publications, from 1963 and

1966, respectively, are some of the finest works on op amp theory that I have ever seen.

Nevertheless, they contain some material that is hopelessly outdated. This includes

everything from the state of the art of amplifier technology, to the parts referenced in the

document even to the symbol used for the op amp itself:

http://www.ti.com/lit/an/sboa092a/sboa092a.pdf

I'll be reading this in some of my spare time, and if anyone else has any information on this topic I'll be glad to listen to it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Look up the op amp cookbook. You just need to realize opamps and stuff is smallllll scale. Its not like a sundown 3k is just a few op amps.

But it gets very interesting. Looking at the stages of each amp. And things like emf creating noise in other stages etc. . The tiny bit I do know just gets my mind going.. one day ill know the whole story maybe.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Look up the op amp cookbook. You just need to realize opamps and stuff is smallllll scale. Its not like a sundown 3k is just a few op amps.

But it gets very interesting. Looking at the stages of each amp. And things like emf creating noise in other stages etc. . The tiny bit I do know just gets my mind going.. one day ill know the whole story maybe.

Lol, I understand that the amplifiers we generally relate to aren't what the article is representing, just an attention grabber for my title.

Almost all of what I have learned about electronics has been from private studying. I am in a digital electronics course at my high school, but my teacher just lets me go about my own business. She has even gotten in contact with the professor of electrical engineering at the university next to me for me to go over there and work with the 3rd and 4th year students, but I just haven't had time to work it into my schedule yet.

I'll try to read up on that book, but I am just finding waaay too many awesome topics with 600+ page books that I want to read..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Yea sorry didnt mean to be a dick like you dont already know stuff lol.

Yea I mean ppl make a living off just op amp applications.. their so versatile and prevolent that youd likely never run out of material to read. Then get on the bench and start doing stuff!.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I really should get over to the university and see what I can learn over there, even if I have to supply my own chips they aren't that expensive lol.

Archived