You did bring the good luck. Hopefully you can make it up again soon.

You did bring the good luck. Hopefully you can make it up again soon.

No kidding right, I'll take it. I plan on getting some work done this weekend...I hope you're doing the same

No work getting done this weekend. Doing a car show in Tempe :) I do need to start my center console panels or the doors soon

So I got the truck in the garage and got the lid off. I did a lot of mostly running around today gathering the shit to build with, including a buddy's Lincoln welder and supplies, fiberglass resin, wood for a new battery box, steel at a place Smoove pointed me to(thank you), and God knows what else.

I didn't tell many the sheet metal was for, the ones that know I picked up a 48X48" sheet of 22 gauge(wanted to keep weight down).

This is the plan(it's already PL'ed down into the lid:

20150207_021535.jpg

The the steel goes up perfectly to the sides of the lid and don't worry about the front and rear, I have the aluminum pieces from earlier in the build that match up and will likely be polished to a mirror finish. I've got a neat idea for adding something special to the sheet metal.

Here is the concept for directing more(all) airflow into the cabin through the port. I've heard that gains in SPL occur just about every time this is done:

20150207_023721.jpg

20150207_023753.jpg

I think someone was just giving me shit at our last bass meet, but they claimed my box was flexing in the ported section. I have no clue to the severity but this will fix that:

20150206_175309_1.jpg

Lastly, I never got pics of the DC when I got it in. I gotta hand it to them, they make a killer looking alternator. Please excuse the dirty engine bay:

20150207_024451.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I didn't tell many the sheet metal was for, the ones that know I picked up a 48X48" sheet of 22 gauge(wanted to keep weight down).

At first i thought you were crazy when you told me.. but then thought.. "Damn, thats not a bad idea." lol

Im curious to see how that angled wood in the ported section affect freq response (less ported volume).

Anyway... go get 'er.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Got the aluminum pieces just resting there. I might just paint them since I hate keeping on top of polishing(water spots and oxidation, Yuck). The 22 gauge is down and the aluminum sides are on to give an idea of what I'm going after:

20150207_120155.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived