Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers-Do they need to be broken in?

YukonDCXL

Set your amps properly and lets the bass drop. Break in will happen naturally over time .

You may here different opinions. But i say if it's a quality sub, hook it up and let it pound. It will break in after you have banged on it for a while.

truthsayer

I read some subs said wait like a month. So you guys just say fuck it and go in huh?

I've never heard the wait a month theory. What would be the reason and evidence of such a statement? Have you ever heard of waiting a month to crank up your component speakers? No. Now after a month once they (subs) start to loosen up, they should sound better on the low end.

truthsayer

I have almost always broken my subs in free air. Mainly the subs with stiff suspension.

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

I read some subs said wait like a month. So you guys just say fuck it and go in huh?

I've never heard the wait a month theory. What would be the reason and evidence of such a statement? Have you ever heard of waiting a month to crank up your component speakers? No. Now after a month once they (subs) start to loosen up, they should sound better on the low end.

Soundqubed recommends several weeks before playing their subs full tilt lol even says it on their website, idk if they have done testing with this theory or not though

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Archived