Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers-Do they need to be broken in?

YukonDCXL

I read some subs said wait like a month. So you guys just say fuck it and go in huh?

I've never heard the wait a month theory. What would be the reason and evidence of such a statement? Have you ever heard of waiting a month to crank up your component speakers? No. Now after a month once they (subs) start to loosen up, they should sound better on the low end.

Soundqubed recommends several weeks before playing their subs full tilt lol even says it on their website, idk if they have done testing with this theory or not though

That would worry me them saying that. Sounds like they are concerned about the quality of their product. Maybe not standing up, breaking something, etc. A quality sub should not need to be broken in. JMO Edit; refer to my next post before commenting, thanks

truthsayer

I read some subs said wait like a month. So you guys just say fuck it and go in huh?

I've never heard the wait a month theory. What would be the reason and evidence of such a statement? Have you ever heard of waiting a month to crank up your component speakers? No. Now after a month once they (subs) start to loosen up, they should sound better on the low end.

Soundqubed hdc3 say wait a month for full break in. It may take longer . According to them.

Soundqubed recommends several weeks before playing their subs full tilt lol even says it on their website, idk if they have done testing with this theory or not though

That would worry me them saying that. Sounds like they are concerned about the quality of their product. Maybe not standing up, breaking something, etc. A quality sub should not need to be broken in. JMO

It is not a theory by the way, it's a recommedation

That would worry me them saying that. Sounds like they are concerned about the quality of their product. Maybe not standing up, breaking something, etc. A quality sub should not need to be broken in. JMO

Are you saying their equipment isn't quality? Or really, what are you saying?

Soundqubed hdc3 say wait a month for full break in. It may take longer . According to them.

Ok i think what they mean when they say wait a month for full break in is. The sub will play lower and sound better after about a month of use. So it's not like their saying wait a month to pound on them. So my quality statement is void. They are not saying anything different than what I and others have said.

truthsayer

Ok i think what they mean when they say wait a month for full break in is. The sub will play lower and sound better after about a month of use. So it's not like their saying wait a month to pound on them. So my quality statement is void. They are not saying anything different than what I and others have said.

Ok, it seemed like you were trying to be a dick at first, but thanks.

Archived