Second Skin Audio

Bed Liner For Sub Box

YukonDCXL

i got my 2 18's box sprayed with line-ex. it was super sturdy and durable, no matter what i hit it with it didnt make any dents or scratches. only thing it cost about 200 bucks to be professionally sprayed.

head-unit: pioneer avh p-4300DVD

2 Fi btl n2 18's

1 dc audio 5k

1 dc audio 175.4

4 sets of fusion CP-CM50 components

1 mechman 270 amp alt

3 XS Power D3400

80 Mil Sound Deadener by audio technix

all in my 2003 chevy suburban.

i got my 2 18's box sprayed with line-ex. it was super sturdy and durable, no matter what i hit it with it didnt make any dents or scratches. only thing it cost about 200 bucks to be professionally sprayed.

I might do that because it seems like the good kits costs over a hundred and you gotta do it yourself. any pictures?

As an alternative to Line-Ex you could use Duratex. You apply it yourself and its a lot less expensive than Line-Ex and looks very similar. Duratex is specifically made for speaker cabinets and works well. I'm not going to tell you its as tough as Line-Ex cuz it isn't, but it is still pretty tough stuff.

Here is a box I just covered in Duratex for an example:

P1010048_zps250736d0.jpg

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

As an alternative to Line-Ex you could use Duratex. You apply it yourself and its a lot less expensive than Line-Ex and looks very similar. Duratex is specifically made for speaker cabinets and works well. I'm not going to tell you its as tough as Line-Ex cuz it isn't, but it is still pretty tough stuff.

Here is a box I just covered in Duratex for an example:

P1010048_zps250736d0.jpg

That is exactly what I am looking for. was this sprayed on probably? thanks man

Archived