Sonic Electronix

Is a 4th order worth it for two 10s?

I have 2 rockford p2 10s that I am going to put in the back of my truck. I'm going to remove the back seat and possibly do a 4th order. I have no idea how to design a 4th order so who do you guys recommend as far as box design. AND is a 4th worth it for 2 tens? I want to get as loud as possible with these but still sound clean

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I like MMD for my designs. I say go for it. It wouldn't be too hard to build and it would be different.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Damn it's been awhile since the annoying bug has made an appearance :P

I feel it just depends if it would be worth it to you. I've considered building a 4th order for a single 8, just because I wanted to build a box and was curious how well it would perform.

Worse case scenario? I wasted 35$ and a few hours of my time.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Everyone has did that at least once, probably twice

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

the question is why not a forth order with two 10's.

I am thinking about doing a 4th order for two 6.5" Subs. 3 to 1 ratio to get a decent output and still have a decent range. All under the seat too

Damn it's been awhile since the annoying bug has made an appearance :P

I feel it just depends if it would be worth it to you. I've considered building a 4th order for a single 8, just because I wanted to build a box and was curious how well it would perform.

Worse case scenario? I wasted 35$ and a few hours of my time.

Haha I have been out of the audio game. I'm getting back into it. I'm going to do a 4th and rear seat removal. Missed you guys!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived