So I cut about 2 sheets of mdf up today and I didn't use a mask at all. I had dust EVERYWHERE. Wearing a mask didn't even cross my mind. But I know I inhaled a ton. I can feel it in my throat. I know it's not good for you but do I need to worry? I'm paranoid.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

It ain't gonna be that bad for you I don't think. Just don't do it too often :shrug:

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

So I cut about 2 sheets of mdf up today and I didn't use a mask at all. I had dust EVERYWHERE. Wearing a mask didn't even cross my mind. But I know I inhaled a ton. I can feel it in my throat. I know it's not good for you but do I need to worry? I'm paranoid.

i never wear a mask, i cut 5 sheets up all over the place when i did my box in my truck and my friends truck in the same day and nothing happened to me. i also paint without a mask and i fiberglass without a mask and i sand primer/bodyfiller/mdf/wood/paint without a mask. i do a lot of shit without a mask and i feel fine and i have no respiratory issues yet.

Im not expecting to live long hahahaha

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

I wear a mask everytime i mess with MDF, not good for your respiratory system...I found a article that talks about the hazardous of working with it...

http://www.hse.gov.uk/woodworking/faq-mdf.htm

i never wear a mask, i cut 5 sheets up all over the place when i did my box in my truck and my friends truck in the same day and nothing happened to me. i also paint without a mask and i fiberglass without a mask and i sand primer/bodyfiller/mdf/wood/paint without a mask. i do a lot of shit without a mask and i feel fine and i have no respiratory issues yet.

Im not expecting to live long hahahaha

this explains everything

you'll be okay unless you live a long time than you can get lung cancer and all types of other respiratory issues. I either cut MDF with my dust collector on or my garage door open with my turbine fan blowing everything out. MDF contains a lot of things that are hazardous to humans. it's one of the reasons a bunch of guys use birch, the particles are heavier and can't be inhaled as easy and it doesn't contain the hazards.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived