Looking for mids and highs to keep up with subs!

mrdavebasshead75

Hello all!! Quick question, Im thinking about running 2-American Bass XFL 12's running off of an American Bass HD3500 at 1-ohm. Kind of stumped on what i need for mids and highs to keep up! I have a 2005 Chrysler 300c with the "premium" Boston factory setup along with a Pioneer DEH-X9600bhs. I was thinking one component set in the front with an amp and leave the factory in play along or would that just be stupid? Don't have any fiberglassing skills so that's out as far as something custom! Really appreciate the help!

a pair of components should keep up fine with that. I would leave the rear disconnected though unless you buy a second set of components and amp them. It's usually hard to get speakers running on headunit power to sound good with all other speakers being amped.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You don't need 10 speakers in custom fab doors to improve your front stage.

One good quality component set, that can handle 100w or so, with a proper amplifier should do the trick.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

a pair of components should keep up fine with that. I would leave the rear disconnected though unless you buy a second set of components and amp them. It's usually hard to get speakers running on headunit power to sound good with all other speakers being amped.

Sounds good! I wasn't for sure. I had 4-pwx6's in my Bravada but had actual pods for those so placement in my new ride is driving me up the wall lol

You don't need 10 speakers in custom fab doors to improve your front stage.

One good quality component set, that can handle 100w or so, with a proper amplifier should do the trick.

That's what I was thinking, less is more in some situations! I got a pair of Pioneer TS-T15 tweets laying around, could I incorporate those or just unplug the factory Boston and just run a nice Comp alone?

Defitnitely not looking for a door screamer! Lol! The bass is very good, box is 5 cubes @32hz but have to turn things down just to hear some strings! Just want a nice and clean front stage without breaking the bank or doing custom work!

keep it simple, get a nice set a components and a good 2 channel amp.

Or 2 sets and a 4 channel if you want rears.

ok thanks MrSkippyJ and others for the feedback! Looking at a set of Mezzo's and a nice 4-ch just to keep the option open for rears!! Thanks a lot, you guys just saved me from a headache trying to ram speakers everywhere!!

Archived