Sundown Audio

Amp Strapping question

YukonDCXL

I have my two DC 3.5 ks strapped and wanted to know if I'm doing something right. I am only utilizing one of the positive speaker wire inputs on each amp... Is that okay or should I have a speaker wire going into each spot because don't they connect together internally anyways?

I have both neg connected but only 1 pos on each amp for the speaker. Everything was fine for me

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

my thread right under yours in the amplifier section has a picture that someone did in paint for me that might help you. different amps, but same basic info.

I don't claim to know how to solve anything, I just practice the basics. There is nothing worse than wasting hours over a problem that should have taken 5 mins. Anything I post and claim to know, I know simply because of a lesson learned from a mistake on my part.

You can use both positives if you want, i use only one positive on each but i have 8ga on a pair of 1500's so that is plenty. I do have two 8ga grounds connecting the amps though.

10583924_330255003815983_648442017580724

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived