Second Skin Audio

3500 watts for a team18

YukonDCXL

Currently I am running two 3.5ks to my two xl's but I am thinking about upgrading to either a lv5 or a team. I will not be upping wattage so my question is is that enough watts to get a team for a lv 5 moving or would it be smarter to get an sp4?

VS thread ? We don't do those here. I will tell you all 3 subs you listed go hammer in the right box. And done correctly all 3 should take 3500wrms

3.5k is awesome on SP4's.

I feel like the teams could actually use more power. Will they take 3500 watts all day and take it, yes, will they be loud as fuck yes. Will 99.9 % of people be happy listening to Teams on 3.5k each, IMO yes. BUT if they can take more and are rated for more, just seems inefficient to run them, also, they are like 200 bucks more PER SUB over a SP4.

What are you trying to gain here though? Just be louder? Or like Kyle said are the XL's not taking 3.5k nicely? Simple change of pace?

I don't know much about the Level 5's but a lot of people run them and seem to like them. If there was one sub in DC's line up I would run it would be the level 5's (I do want to run them at some point in time)

The views expressed in this post are of my own opinion, OPINION only. If you don't agree then GFY

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

My xls do take the power and are still running strong but I was just thinking of an upgrade to get louder. Kyle, you think xls will be louder then which ones?

Thanks for your opinion Karkov, just wanna try something new but don't wanna waste money and not get louder. I would buy your sp4s if they were 18s

Without making this a vs thread I'm am trying to decide between sp4, fi team or lv 5. I just wanna make sure whatever I do gets me louder without having to add power.
so without comparing these subs in a vs manner what are yalls thoughts on these subs on 3.5k each

My xls do take the power and are still running strong but I was just thinking of an upgrade to get louder. Kyle, you think xls will be louder then which ones?

Thanks for your opinion Karkov, just wanna try something new but don't wanna waste money and not get louder. I would buy your sp4s if they were 18s

All good man, I'm happy if you're happy. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I would think the smaller coil would be louder on that power than any thing mentioned here.....

I would think the smaller coil would be louder on that power than any thing mentioned here.....

That's what a lot of people think... it's usually not the case though. Look at the swaps between HDC3 and HDC4.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt