Fuse keeps blowing help....

Hello group, a friend of mine has an '07 Monte Carlo SS and is having issues with blowing fuses. He paid a crummy shop to put his install together which ran fine then one day he went to go turn on his system and couldn't hear anything. He checked everything and found out his fuse holder had melted and his fuse blown. He took it back up to the stereo shop and the installer put a 200 amp circuit breaker as a "temporary" fix and it plays for a minute then it trips. He has 2-American Bass XR 12's running off a Quantum Audio QCA3000D. It's an older amp with 120 amp fuse rating and he's running it at 1ohm. No big 3, no extra batt but the installer suggested he get a $80 battery which I asked what kind and he said he didn't know! The installer is trying to screw him! I told him do NOT go back up there! The wire is 4ga American Bass for pos and neg. Any help please!!

That sounds like a janky set-up. He will need to check the positive wire all the way from the amplifier to the battery to make sure there isn't any bare wire. Also, don't know how secure the amplifier is... If it is able to move, it could be touching a ground somewhere.

Could you get pictures of the wiring and amplifier placement?

post pics

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

melted fuse block tells me that the connections were/are crap. bad connection = higher resistance= lots of heat.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

And if the fuse block melted, it's a good chance parts of the wire did too. I'd rip it all out and put some new wire in.

Can't post pics at the moment,?its my buddies ride and I'm at work! I'll see if he can send some pics but it's not much to look at! He just has one wire from bat to amp and a ground! I did notice his amp has angled inputs and they did a shitty job of putting the wire in!! The wire is exposed at the amp!!

The amp is bolted to his fold down seat! I suggested he pull the wire and I'll run some 1/0 and some angled adapters and clean it up some for him! And do the big 3! Would this help?

If you redo all of his wiring and know how to do it properly, yeah, that should help. I would make sure he knows how important it is to take pictures of all of it. I would definitely advise your friend to get in contact with the owner of that shop and see about a refund.

Replace all wiring, if stuff is melting like that I wouldn't leave any of it in there.

Time for a redo also make the shop foot the bill and you do the job.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

^^^ agreed... Definitely a jacked up install

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's