Sonic Electronix

ok, so probably another stupid question, but i cant seem to figure it out....i was doin a basic sound package just cd player and speakers for a friend of mine....and for some reason the cd player is freakin out. the factory wiring is 12v const. is yellow and 12v. switched is red, so i hooked up red - red yellow-yellow in accordance with the cd player wiring...tried and didnt work, so i switched and went red-yellow yellow-red, still didnt work...a friend of mine that was over there was like oh yea mine did the same thing, so i asked him what he did....he put all four of the wires together..granted the cd player works now...i wanted to know if this is very safe(cuz i dont think it is??) and if anyone knows why it wud act like that?.....any and all help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

hmm... the best solution i can come up with is that its the wiring on the harness that connects to the xplod deck... either that or its in the cars wiring, old wires or somthing. test the red and yellow for power with the car running. either that or try a diff. deck in the car jus for a test to make sure the sony is runnin properly. i had a 2 sony decks in the past that had a problem with the harness thats supplied. well them my solutions let me kno what happens if you try em out...

Derp.

theres not a problem with hooking up all the wires together to a common positive, i have been running my head units like that since the late 80's(yes i'm old). you just gotta remember to turn your head unit off because it will drain your bat especially if you are running amps.

Archived