Mixing batteries simple question

So I've got an 07 f250 gas motor. There's room under the hood for a second battery because the diesel models have 2. Right now I've got a regular battery in the stock position and am getting an xspower d6500 as my second. So both will be under the hood but which one should be in the "main" position? Does it matter? Im leaving the stock 130ish amp alternator, running around 2k watts.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

ive read quite a few articles about 2 batt hook ups.... when adding both under the hood and to put equal load on the 2 you should do it like this .... now both batterys take equal drain and charge so it does not matter what battery goes where.... are your 2 batterys next to each other or on opposite sides of the engine

fy1gjs.jpg

ive read quite a few articles about 2 batt hook ups.... when adding both under the hood and to put equal load on the 2 you should do it like this .... now both batterys take equal drain and charge so it does not matter what battery goes where.... are your 2 batterys next to each other or on opposite sides of the engine

fy1gjs.jpg

They are on opposite sides. Do I need to run a wire connecting the - on both batteries?

Word to the wise and I'm surprised no one else mentioned this, you're going to shorten the life of that D6500 if you're using it in conjunction with a normal lead acid battery. The normal battery will always be bringing the XS down to equalize the voltage closer to where it rests, which is 12.5-12.8 volts. An AS will rest at 12.8-13.1 volts and will be under constant stress being tied with a normal sealed lead acid battery. Does your diesel use a normal battery like this, or do you have like a Platinum Duralast under there(which is AGM just like an XS battery(?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Word to the wise and I'm surprised no one else mentioned this, you're going to shorten the life of that D6500 if you're using it in conjunction with a normal lead acid battery. The normal battery will always be bringing the XS down to equalize the voltage closer to where it rests, which is 12.5-12.8 volts. An AS will rest at 12.8-13.1 volts and will be under constant stress being tied with a normal sealed lead acid battery. Does your diesel use a normal battery like this, or do you have like a Platinum Duralast under there(which is AGM just like an XS battery(?

Its a gas motor, thats why I'm wondering the best way to wire it. However since it has a diesel option there is a perfect spot to put a second battery. So would I be better off getting 2 regular duralasts then?

• 2 weeks later...

Your wasting your money if u get an xs power batterie and run it with another battery. Think about it. I bought a $500can. battery xs power 3300 amp. Was I going to shorten the life span of that expensive battery by running with stock. Fuck no cause that would be retarded. It would be a waste of money and completely pointless. Your better off to just run the one xs power batterie and say fuck the stock. I was pushing over 2000 watts rms with one of them no dimming. Just do the big three and use all 0 gauge with one xs power. You'll be gtg

Archived