Vehicle: nissan sentra (1994)

Ahhh memories. Had a '91 SE-R way back when. 3 12s infinite baffle with the foam seat back in place. Worked great. Trunk pic in the old school thread.

Nice start, but clean up your under hood wiring and move that fuse holder on the firewall closer to the battery. Also 6.5s fit in those front doors very easily. Save up for a decent 6.5 component set and get the tweeters up higher. Top/front of door panel or a-pillar and the soundstage comes to life.

What are the overall future plans? Suspension, wheels, brakes, etc.? Mine had H&R springs and 5Zigen 17s on it. Basic bolt ons (HKS intake and exhaust, header, timing adjust) and ran 14.8 at 91mph. Plus it was a blast to autocross and the weight in the back made it toss-able when wanted. Had some friends turbo them and get deep into the 12s on drag radials.

Static drops are my bag.

That 1.6 is also a solid engine, just not a fast one, especially coupled with an auto. But no worries, I drive slower cars now too. Do what you do and make it your own.

Here's mine when I sold it 12 or 13 years ago. Note the front cone deflector for autocross screwed to the step on the 91-92 front bumper cover. To the right of the NOPI sticker (needed for a race event) there is a ram-air inlet scoop piped up to the HKS intake lol. Your 93-94 bumper cover sits lower and is fully painted so it's a better look to begin with.

SE-R2_zpsmkubl1ix.jpeg

One of my favorite simple mods is the color matched tail light surround. I shaved the key hole too. I just think it modernizes the back end.

SE-R1_zpszjdjt54t.jpeg

And here's infinite baffle trunk setup that I did when I first got it years earlier. Uses the whole trunk as the box, saving a bunch of space and weight, but you have to have the right type of sub to do it. It's easier to make a boxed sub louder and handle more power. These were getting just over 300 each and I still had to listen carefully at times.

SE-R_zpsytqx3ddd.jpeg

No pics of the doors, but I put in a SPAL power window kit and locks, 6.5 behind the stock grille, tweeter on top/forward of door panel, and a simple flat filler panel where the window crank used to be.

Good luck and have fun! I'd like to see where this ends up.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived