Second Skin Audio

terrible mistake on box for 2 x12s

James8371

Okay that makes since. But I am going to change configuration because i cannot get the right port length without making the box huge, and it already takes up my entire back seat. I am just going to d a L port with both subs in the same chamber and make the port 34 inches long, which was the original plan, and to be tuned just above 31. Getting the box back apart is the challenge. Ill post if the vinegar works or ruins the wood. 

7 hours ago, James8371 said:

Okay that makes since. But I am going to change configuration because i cannot get the right port length without making the box huge, and it already takes up my entire back seat. I am just going to d a L port with both subs in the same chamber and make the port 34 inches long, which was the original plan, and to be tuned just above 31. Getting the box back apart is the challenge. Ill post if the vinegar works or ruins the wood. 

You just need to rebuild your port ( the red parts) as follows and you will be tuned to 31Hz:

newp.jpg

9 hours ago, Joe X said:

You just need to rebuild your port ( the red parts) as follows and you will be tuned to 31Hz:

newp.jpg

That seems like the best way to fix it. Thanks for all the help. I still cannot believe I made the box wrong but hey, gotta learn somehow. Will post a pic of my setup once I get the box stained and all the leds hooked up and the amp rack built.

Archived