Running 2 15-in sundown zv6 zv6 series

I have two 15-in Sundown zv6 subs and a custom built enclosure right to specs. I only have two Rockford Fosgate power 1500 bdcp amps powering it at the moment. In a month I will have the salt 8 to run them. My question is what is the optimal settings for my amplifier and the optimal settings in the head unit. They're at two ohms right now. I don't know if there's recommended settings or not.

20240619_181314.jpg

20240619_205601.jpg

20240623_225914.jpg

Screenshot_20240616_144726_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by BFunnY6t9
Misspelling

Posted (edited)

I also have this but it's not installed. I have the big three with the yellow top up under the hood. And the Stinger 2250 battery. Would this help at all or would it just be a waste of time

Screenshot_20240624_004932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by BFunnY6t9
Misspelled

That enclosure looks pretty, not sure if that many round ports is going to be efficient or not.

Regarding the amps, you are OK running each sub at 2 ohm, each sub should be getting close to 2000W.

The setup of the amps is critical because the box is a common chamber type so you amps need to be GAIN MATCHED for best performance in addition to the normal gain settings procedure which needs to be done with a DD-1 or a scope, make sure you got that right.

Also you should have enough electrical for 4-5K power, batteries, alternator, big 3, you don't specify what is your electrical.

Lastly the cap seems to be a little one, probably is not going to make a big difference fi you use it.

Edited by Joe X

I have a yellow top Optima up front, and upgraded 350 amp alternator, the Stinger 2250 battery in the back. I'm going to be swapping out those two phosphate amps for the salt 8. That capacitor is actually 25 farads I just didn't think I needed it because I had that battery and I don't know if it even makes a difference. I'm actually in the process of ordering the second alternator and a second alternator kit. I got a little more work to do but it's getting there but I don't know a whole lot about the fine-tuning process which at this stage should be more important than ever so I want to make sure I get it right. I'll have the salt 200x2 for my interior speakers on Saturday

Screenshot_20240624_165802_Samsung Internet.jpg

The easier tool to use and understand is the SMD DD-1 which you can get here:

https://wccaraudio.com/smd-distortion-detector-dd-1/

The portable scope can be less expensive but you need much more knowledge to use it so in your situation I

would recommend the DD-1 mentioned above. Still I can provide a link to a portable scope if you want.