Distortion before signal (DD1)

I recently bought a DD1 from SHCA and tried finding my headunits max undistorted volume. I get distortion way before a signal. All settings are off or flat, I unplugged both RCA’s from the amp and plugged one into the DD1. Im not sure if I have a faulty unit or if my headunit isn’t strong enough for the DD1 to pickup the signal.

for reference:

Headunit: Boss Audio BE7ACP

Amp: Skar Audio RP1500

sub: Skar EVL 12

RCA’s: Rockville

Edited by Nick1
Added rca brand

If the head unit is playing the radio you might get unexpected behavior from the DD-1, play the tones provided and see what it does.

Try to listen in what you are sending to the dd-1 to see if there is noise or whatever.

Edited by Joe X

5 hours ago, Nick1 said:

I recently bought a DD1 from SHCA and tried finding my headunits max undistorted volume. I get distortion way before a signal. All settings are off or flat, I unplugged both RCA’s from the amp and plugged one into the DD1. Im not sure if I have a faulty unit or if my headunit isn’t strong enough for the DD1 to pickup the signal.

for reference:

Headunit: Boss Audio BE7ACP

Amp: Skar Audio RP1500

sub: Skar EVL 12

RCA’s: Rockville

I have the same problem on my kids Pioneer radio. Sometimes my DD1+ doesn’t read the voltage but distorts at 37 out of 40 when using a 0 dB tone. The radio is supposed to have 2.0 volts out of the RCA. If I remember correctly I think if I reboot the DD1+ it reads the voltage on the second or third time. You can check the true voltage of the RCA with a multimeter. Also I think if the voltage is too low it will not display numbers.