Sonic Electronix

OM-1 causing Salt 8 to clip

I have a salt 8.  Gains & Crossover tuned w/ DD-1 and CC-1.  Once I install the OM-1, the amp starts clipping.  I can then turn the gain down until it stops but the gain is almost all the way down.  I have tried this several times and the amp keeps clipping early.  Could I possibly have a faulty OM-1 or ???  Need to help from the Pros on this one.  

8 hours ago, LLP said:

I have a salt 8.  Gains & Crossover tuned w/ DD-1 and CC-1.  Once I install the OM-1, the amp starts clipping.  I can then turn the gain down until it stops but the gain is almost all the way down.  I have tried this several times and the amp keeps clipping early.  Could I possibly have a faulty OM-1 or ???  Need to help from the Pros on this one.  

You treated OM-1 manual like it wasn't there, you will need to have a mini screwdriver available for the next step.

Thanks for the replies.  I have adjusted the OM-1 meter.  My highs & mids work great.  When I go to set the sub amp, as soon as the OM-1 wire is connected to speaker output, the clip light on the amp lights up until the amp gain is turned almost all the way down.  It does it on the positive or negative speaker connection.  I have successfully set the highs & mids, which makes me believe the OM-1 on the sub amp might be faulty.  I have never used these meters before and was curious if anybody else has had the same issue.

dash.thumb.JPG.9099c67638ca4f3789831593b8e9b2b4.JPG

rear.thumb.JPG.ffc756e82f1c63e33fb4338391859494.JPG