Sonic Electronix

the only deadener ive ever used is dynamat.....how many of yall have used fatmat and what do you think about it? work good? how does it compare to dynamat??.....any other choices better for the money(hushmat, stinger,????) let me know thanks

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Don't know about for the money, but I love my Second Skin Damplifier. I think Fat mat would be comparable to dynamat. Dynamat seems to be alot more expensive because of the name.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I hate fatmat imo it's junk.

Blue trash shit thats on it will transfer to your hands or anything it comes in contact with IE seats!!!

I used the supplied degreaser to clean the metal I applied it to and it still comes off, hushmat on the other hand is the best! Stays on, just don't get it on your shoe!The phone mailbox that they have at fatmt was always full, their phones were so busy I rarely got thru

They sent me regular mat instead of the rattle trap I ordered but I never could get ahold of them so i tried it.

This is my thoughts on it

I used Second Skin and I am never buying Dynamat ever again. The quality and effectiveness is unparalleled in my mind when talking about deadener. I would only purchase Second Skin or Hushmat they seem to be the industry leaders and both are quality products. I saw somewhere were a guy made the point that you spend hours applying the deadener why would you want to use the cheapest if there is a chance it might fail. I hated to put it on but it was worth my time using ***.

fatmat is NOT comparable to Dynamat, i'd compare it to peel and seel or gutter tape

I guess I was mistaken on what fatmat was...isn't fat mat the one that has the blue transformers looking logo on it? If not I was clearly mistaken.

I wasn't mistaken, i have seen some people use it, and said they liked it...guess I heard wrong. I personally use Damplifier from second skin, and wont use any but that ever.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

thanks for all the help guys...sorry for the time it took for me to get back but we had a storm come through last night and knocked my damn internet to shit.....just got it back up and goin...but thanks again for the input

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Archived