Sonic Electronix

im working on a 2006 pontiac G6 and before i try to tackle this dash....has anybody worked on one before...and if so, how does the dash disassemble?...clips, screws, etc etc.....any help is greatly appreciated, please and thank you.

moose

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

after looking at the pictures on google of the dash it looks like the whole piece around the radio pops off.

check behind the knobs for screws though. and the hazard flasher. we've removed screws from behind the vents.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

we did a cobalt the other day. i think there is a screw on the bottom of the dash and in through the side.

i could be wrong and i think the center console pops off.

im pretty sure that if you're changiong the deck you're gonna need a data retention harness. GM-22 i believe.

ok, thanks ill check it out, and no not changin the deck, keepin stock one but need to get in to throw in the high/low....

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

read the edit.

also, we usually throw the high/low on the rear speakers, i was gonna tell you if you didnt mention it that its best to put it behind the radio before the amp. we had trouble with that ther first go round ....

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Remove 6screws from glove box and two screws from bottom of driver dash. The radio bezel will pull right off after that. If you want you can use a 70-2103 i believe... u lose your data features but it is about 140bucks cheaper than the required data module.

*edit* just noticed you're not changing the radio. if you want to avoid takign the dash apart, remove the passender kick panel and you can tag all the speaker wires right there. They will be twisted pairs... the rears are brown/yellow and dark blue/light blue.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

check behind the knobs for screws though. and the hazard flasher. we've removed screws from behind the vents.

What are you talking about, none of that is necessary. I don't understand why you would post if you don't know how to take the vehicle apart.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived