Sonic Electronix

i have an apline type r 15" and a mrp m1000 running at 2 ohms and wen i first installed the system i had a shittty dual head unit and i wuld crank it up now and then and the amp wuld clip because it wasnt recieving a good enough signal and this happened around 10 or more times. well now i have an alpine head unit and it never clips but wen ever i turn the gain up a little bit and the bass boost up a little bit you can hear like a popping/knocking noise and it sounds like something is loose inside the woofer. so is my subwoofer bad or wat? cuz i kno it can handle the amount the amp is giving it, the gain isnt even halfway.

thanks

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

not even the loudness on the deck? i usually have mine off anyways. thanks for the post on this. i really appreciate the info because i just started gettin my sound build and gettin togetherand have been figuring it out the best way to set up my lil kenwood mono amp cuz its a lil dif then my last few amps. im still learnin and this is one of the top reasons i finally joined smd forum. good people and no punk haters talkin down on somebody for asking a ?

Archived