Second Skin Audio

Type R Or Fi Bl

right now i have a Alpine Type R 15" running off a mrp-m1000 and its pretty loud but i want louder and i was wondering if i bought a 15" BL if the mrp-m1000 would give it enough power. I dont want have to buy another amp but i want something louder then my type r. any suggestions would help. thanks.

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

Switching to the Bl would get it louder. But If you do get a BL, personally Id make a new box for the BL also to help it out a bit.

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

that amp is only rated at 2 ohms i dont know if it will go lower. i would look into it if i was you or see if you can get a bl at dual 4 ohms

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

kinetik hc2400 (soon to be xs power d3100)

xs power 3400 (under the hood)

lots of 1/0

that amp is only rated at 2 ohms i dont know if it will go lower. i would look into it if i was you or see if you can get a bl at dual 4 ohms

He can get the dual 1 ohm sub and run it at 2 ohms...

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

Alpine Type-Rs are pretty damn clean. Why don't you get multiple Alpines? I have a pair of 12"s and I'm bout to get another pair. They sound crisper than most. They don't look that fresh cause of the surround but the SQ and SPL is well balanced.

Switching to the Bl would get it louder. But If you do get a BL, personally Id make a new box for the BL also to help it out a bit.

You can't honestly make that statement. There's no way to tell what's going to be louder unless you put both in the car and do a comparrison. Just because the Bl is a bit beefier sub doesn't mean that it's going to be louder. I've seen lesser subs end up louder than ones that beat it on paper. Also the fact that he only has 1K watts says that he's going to be able to push the Type R to full potential as opposed to only being able to give the Bl rms. I would almost bet that the Type R and Bl won't be much different off of that amount of power.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived