Sonic Electronix

my friend just put his system in and today i looked at the back of the headunit to see if he did everything right and it was hott as fukk!! like i know a headunit gets hot but it was hot enough to burn you. is this normal?

or is it just because it is hot out?

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

daul

yah its shitty i know lol

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

tha prolly why to tell you the truth. just watch it is all i can tell you. make sure all wires are tight and just watch it and make sure nothing is melting

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

make sure all the speakers are wired right and nothing is touching anything that It shouldn't be triple check all of the wires, check your ground, you could wire some pc fans around it to help cool it , if all else fails it might be time for a new head unit.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

if the HU has a built in amp, then yes it will get hot. I don't know how hot is above normal, but theres probably a heatsink on the back of the HU which is where most of the heat is coming from.

If you disable the built in amp (should have an option there if it has one) it should stop running so hot.

Mine gets pretty hot too, I'm more worried about wires burning, but I don't think any have yet. I'm actually looking at installing a tiny ass fan to get some air movement back there.

step 1, dont buy dual. ever.

step 2, get a 12 volt fan (radioshack) and put it near the head unit, and quicksplice it to ur ignition wire.

step 3, bump freely.

any questions??? :)

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived