Sundown Audio

Mix Match Amps

Just need to get some feedback. I currently have 4 dmx 15's driven by a ddz2. I had a chance to get another z2 put I hesitated and it was sold. I have a chance to get an American bass 700.1. I have two more dmx 15's on the way. I want to wall my h2 with 6 15's. With 2 z2's it was easy cause they are strappable. The 700.1 and the z2 share the same board. The 700.1 is strappable, also. Is this a bad idea? Should I try it or just keep looking for another z2? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

I would not strap a AB 700.1 with a DD Z2

The same boards dont mean much. Im pretty sure both amps come from different build houses (since I believe dd amps are built in europe now), and both amps are going to have different parts with different tolerences on the parts.

Thanks for the input, so I should just keep looking for a z2? or I could have each amp run 3 subs and just gain match them? each amp would be seeing 1.34 ohms

supercharged hummer h2

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

link to build log:

My link

Thanks for the input, so I should just keep looking for a z2? or I could have each amp run 3 subs and just gain match them? each amp would be seeing 1.34 ohms

That would work well enough if you don't mind the mis-matched amps.

In terms of what your subs see, a watt is a watt, it doesn't matter if it comes from a DD or a AB...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Thats like saying should I strap my saz-3000d with a kicker zx-2500.1. Nothing good could come out of that. Even though there the same board they will still vary in power output. Just be patient and lurk on CA for a bit.

Edited by Zade08

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Otherwise you got this option too...

Buy 2 new z2 amps, but youd have to wait for a minute.

From what I know of the current model z2 is no longer being made, and dd is looking into new things, higher effienctcy ratings and other crap which the overseas build house is not wanting to do..

But sometime with in a couple months (give or take) they will have the new models out...

I run DD, and american bass..

From my expierence AB sucks, yes they put out power, but they are not a reliable amp imo I dont think Ill never buy again. Im starting to rate them just a little better then hifonics.

Also, What z2 amp do you have? Becasue theres 3 different models.

Theres a older z2 that came out with the z1, the z1 was a low volt model for 12v setups, the z2 was a 16 volt model for 18v setups.

Then you have the newer z2's that recently went out of production. You have the z2lv(low volt) and the z2hv(high volt)

The one that makes the most power (8800+wrms @ 1 ohm) is the dd z2lv (recently discontinued).

you could always sell the dd and buy something else

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

x2

Depending on what model it actually is ill buy it from you tuesday. But being used the most id pay is 800$ + shipping for it.

Its the original z2 not the lv or hv..I wish it was the z2lv

supercharged hummer h2

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

link to build log:

My link