Sundown Audio

Mix Match Amps

Also, What z2 amp do you have? Becasue theres 3 different models.

Theres a older z2 that came out with the z1, the z1 was a low volt model for 12v setups, the z2 was a 16 volt model for 18v setups.

Then you have the newer z2's that recently went out of production. You have the z2lv(low volt) and the z2hv(high volt)

The one that makes the most power (8800+wrms @ 1 ohm) is the dd z2lv (recently discontinued).

When did they stop making the z2lv? There is one for sale on ca.com..bumpin buick he wants $1500 for it.

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

When did they stop making the z2lv? There is one for sale on ca.com..bumpin buick he wants $1500 for it.

Just recently, that is the newer 8800wrms+ amp he has that he just recently bought. Not sure what he paid for it, but matt didnt use his long at all, and his asking price is a few hundo above cost. very good price. He a pretty striaght up guy, I never bought from him but he is a local comptitior in my state. He had a bunch of ab 500.1s for sale and 2 700.1s I think too.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

Just recently, that is the newer 8800wrms+ amp he has that he just recently bought. Not sure what he paid for it, but matt didnt use his long at all, and his asking price is a few hundo above cost. very good price. He a pretty striaght up guy, I never bought from him but he is a local comptitior in my state. He had a bunch of ab 500.1s for sale and 2 700.1s I think too.

He bought it from Ray Farmer back in November(the z2lv)

supercharged hummer h2

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

link to build log:

My link

Ehhh why did they discontinue the Z2LV? I was gonna get 2 of them later this year :( Maybe it'll have to be 4 SAZ-3500D's now...

There suppose to come out with a new line...I gues stetsom and sound digital are making dd step up! I'm gonna roll with the single z2 for now and just keep lookin for anotehr z2..thanks for all of you guys imput..greatly appreciated!

supercharged hummer h2

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

link to build log:

My link

There suppose to come out with a new line...I gues stetsom and sound digital are making dd step up! I'm gonna roll with the single z2 for now and just keep lookin for anotehr z2..thanks for all of you guys imput..greatly appreciated!

Lol.

But yea boon, theres things about the amp that DD feels they can improve on, I can say effiency and heat is 2 things, I know more things but I cant say too much. :)

The new amps should only be about 2 months out or so, maybe longer but it sounded like its comming soon. tho so you can still get your dd amps boon :)

They did have a few left I thought they said tho.

Oh and ty. I dont know who you where looking at buying the 700.1 from.

But a local competitor has one for sale too. his name he goes by is irchke or somthing simular. He wants $875 shipped for it. so maybe you could get his amp and this other 700.1 you found and have some killer power :)

Heres his forsale thread on our promoters site. http://www.soundmekanix.com/2007Website/Fr...age2007new.html

Hrm, I spoke to our distributor here and he gave me a whole lot of info on the new amps, the Z2 line was still listed, it just said 'continuous circuit development' so whether that means they're just tweaking it or doing something all new... who knows...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!