My Dmm Is Acting Up

I have it all plugged in and set to 20v. Does the car have to be running or something. It worked fine on my Hc800 and rated it at 14.2 volts. I tryed to measure my yellow top and it didnt show anything. Everything is connected. Same thing happened when i wanted to check my friends Hc 1400 Didnt read anything. I just bought this two weeks ago, and it hasnt been abused or anything. Anyone have this problem?

Are your probes in all the way? if you set it to ohms and measure resistance across the probes what is it?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

• 2 weeks later...
Check the internal fuse, these will blow if the meter is connected to a voltage source in any of the current or resistance ranges.

Fuse shouldn't be even used when measuring voltage, so that shouldn't be the cause.

I went through 3 cheapo DMM's before I finally broke down and bought a fluke, best tool you could ever own.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived