ok well im a high school grad that is goin into college next year and a Laptop is a must... so i built a couple of laptops and one was a Sony Fw and the other one was the 15.5" Hp both pretty much the same cost the Sony had 2.53 Ghz intel processor 4 Gb's of Ram and the Hp had a 2.4 Ghz intel processor and 4 Gb's of ram and the sony had a upgraded video card....

im looking to spend around 1200 max and am using it for school, music, maybe some imaging(cadd), some vids,and a little gaming does do these sound ok? which would be better? any suggestions?

Edited by OldsBoomer

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

of the two i would get the sony. what video card is in it?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

id say that sounds like a fairly solid laptop. if the price is right, id go for that one

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

If I were you I would go with the sony. I have owned both and the sony beat the hp by a mile!! IMO, AMD processors suck, and thats what HP uses. In terms of the graphics card if all that your are doing is CAD design stuff than you should be fine!

If I were you I would go with the sony. I have owned both and the sony beat the hp by a mile!! IMO, AMD processors suck, and thats what HP uses. In terms of the graphics card if all that your are doing is CAD design stuff than you should be fine!

thanks bro im goin to order soon i can wait for it

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Are you serious? AMD processors don't suck, they might not be a "Fast" as its Intel counterpart, but that doesnt mean AMD sucks, AMD serves a huge roll in the server/gaming/basic PC/htpc/etc... area, perhaps more then you might know or realize. You n00b :rolleyes:

I don't see a link to the notebook your interested in, however this notebook is VERY nice and has a 9800m GPU, very fast for a notebook and for this price range. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834220557

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Well I am definately no Guru and have read many of your posts and know that you know exactly what your are talking about (Its about time someone does lol..) So maybe someday Ill give AMD a second chance, I have just never had good experiance with them in the past.

Edited by dlesman

HP is not AMD exclusive. They do build computers with Intel processors.

Well I am definately no Guru and have read many of your posts and know that you know exactly what your are talking about (Its about time someone does lol..) So maybe someday Ill give AMD a second chance, I have just never had good experiance with them in the past.

You do know ATI=AMD?

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert