Sonic Electronix

This idea I like. :D

I also like the BTLs- because people who don't know Audio but THINK that they do won't know what the BTL is until you knock off their head. I just like stuff that the mass populous doesn't know about or like.

oh i know btls can knock, no doubt

and i do like kirill007's idea

its just a very hard decision but i will do some more thinking and see in time what money i can save up

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

Many variables but with quality and beastly power handling the BTL's are a must buy. BTL FTW!

I have 2 type rrr 15s in a small box off 1 aq 1200 and they get real loud, 4 of them in a bigger box off 4 times the power... i dont think you can go wrong with that.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Btl's for sure !

Better quality, louder(?), less space,...and you can easily upgrade later : more woofers or more power.

Btl's can handle much more power. Do you already have the amps?

Forget about the r, they're for beginners!!!

Go Fi, or DC, or DD,...

Get the 2 Btl's and work on your electrical system seriously.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

4 type R 15"s

as far as the whole 'you can recone the btls'

you gotta be stupid to blow a type R, and if you do, the recones on BTL's arent cheap

id imagine you're gonna need to ship the sub to them, pay for the recone, pay to have it shipped back, etc. you could just buy a new R

and four 15's should be louder than two 15's

also, to the whole Pyle 15s vs DD1508's, are you pushing the same power to both set ups? or like 300watts to the pyles and 1,000 to the 1508's. i'd imagine on the same power i'll give it to pyle

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

ok so i got a pretty confusing ?

should i do 2 15" fi btls running off 2 audioque 2200ds

or should i do 4 alpine type r 15"s running off 2 audioque 2200ds?

the reason its confusing is because they are both around the same price and i have had good experiences from my type r.

but i do know 4 type r 15"s will be cone area

but btls are juss beastly so thats why i cant decide

any input?

2 Kicker CVX 15's :)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Btl's are beaslty id go with them. high excursion more rms handling and better cooling.ect they will last way longer than the type r's

94' jimmy

stock alt,

big three

stinger sp1000 batt

two treo rsx 1900 monoblocks strapped

rockford fosgate 600.2 for mids and high

focal access components in rear alpine type s front

soundstream highs

treo ssx 12 dual 1 ohm in 3.3 cube foot box

2 18" BTL's cuz they will get lower then 15's and its barely less con area then 4 15's.. BTL's are also a much better quality driver

They won't get much lower just because they are 18s... Also do u care to elaborate how BTLs are a much better quality driver??

Btl's for sure !

Better quality, louder(?), less space,...and you can easily upgrade later : more woofers or more power.

Btl's can handle much more power. Do you already have the amps?

Forget about the r, they're for beginners!!!

Go Fi, or DC, or DD,...

Get the 2 Btl's and work on your electrical system seriously.

Please explain how Type-Rs are for beginners??

Btl's are beaslty id go with them. high excursion more rms handling and better cooling.ect they will last way longer than the type r's

Please explain how the BTLs will last way longer than Type-Rs will??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

It's unfortunate but I'd be willing to bet that at least 50% of the people voicing their opinion on the BTLs, and even the Type Rs for that matter, have never owned or installed them........

I'm not calling anyone out in particular.If you have installed or used the BTLs then good for you, you know who you are then.If you haven't, well, you know who you are too.I think a lot of people need to sit back and do more reading on what experienced users of particular products have to say rather than jumping to conclusions on the subject.

It's unfortunate but I'd be willing to bet that at least 50% of the people voicing their opinion on the BTLs, and even the Type Rs for that matter, have never owned or installed them........

I'm not calling anyone out in particular.If you have installed or used the BTLs then good for you, you know who you are then.If you haven't, well, you know who you are too.I think a lot of people need to sit back and do more reading on what experienced users of particular products have to say rather than jumping to conclusions on the subject.

x2 on everything that you've said... I'd say it's a good amount less than 50% and will be a lot less than that have actually owned, installed or heard both of them in proper setups.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

type r for beginners :: it's just a bad joke. :D

Go with what you can afford, but think about future upgrades.

You can get the alpine at anytime, but you must wait for Btl's (they are custom made subs).

I don't like the idea of several subs to achieve something you can do with just one or two subs. But it's only my opinion.

Some people like to have trunks or walls full of subs. It can be impressive,....................., until someone comes with a 15" sub and shows you what loud is !!!

It's up to you. There is no best here!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived