Sundown Audio

mod an amp

cris2216

if you have to ask how to do it you wont be able to in my honest opinion.

plus i dont think that amp is worth modding too. the only amps ive seen modded are the older rockford fosgate 4k's and the stetsom 7kd's

You can re-wind the transformers for a bit more power at lower voltage. But you have to be careful not to upset the output FETs or rail caps or in some cases the rectifiers. And it's not really a mod for the weak-stomached. Also it's kinda pointless because you have to upgrade the power MOSFETs to handle the additional current, and probably the output MOSFETs and then you may have to tinker with the drive and it all gets very very messy.

Not much point on a little 1500w amp anyway.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

You can re-wind the transformers for a bit more power at lower voltage. But you have to be careful not to upset the output FETs or rail caps or in some cases the rectifiers. And it's not really a mod for the weak-stomached. Also it's kinda pointless because you have to upgrade the power MOSFETs to handle the additional current, and probably the output MOSFETs and then you may have to tinker with the drive and it all gets very very messy.

Not much point on a little 1500w amp anyway.

Kinda the first thing I thought.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Archived