Second Skin Audio

FI or AQ??

You're comparing apples with peaches here.

The AQ is like a high-ish end sub best suited to around 2kw.

A fully loaded BTL is more like an ultra high end SPL sub, better suited to ~4kw daily.

I would love to see an AQ take a 20kw burp. They're nice subs for sure but they're just not in the same ballpark as the BTL IMO.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

You're comparing apples with peaches here.

The AQ is like a high-ish end sub best suited to around 2kw.

A fully loaded BTL is more like an ultra high end SPL sub, better suited to ~4kw daily.

I would love to see an AQ take a 20kw burp. They're nice subs for sure but they're just not in the same ballpark as the BTL IMO.

Have you seen a BTL take a 20kw burp? Not saying it can't be done, just don't know anyone pushing that kind of power to one.

Bruce-Bruce clamped 13kw+ to each of his alum coil HDC's, so they can take some power in the right set up.

Kind of a moot point either way as I don't see the OP putting 10kw+ to whatever he runs....

they're both good subs.. really good subs.. i think it depends on where your budget is.. i love both those companies, they actually engineer their shit... unlike some companies around here

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

well i know people are thinking im going on a budget here... my budget is for the BTLS (fully loaded) thats what i had planned but then i just kept reading more and more about the AQs im almost positive im going to stick with FI esp after MARLO described them both as he did, and i cant remember bc im on the second page now (to lazy to go back) but some one had stated some thing about my electrical... trust me it will be enough! for now i got my 320 iraggi alt 4 pos. runs to batteries, and then 4 runs to buss's and 1 run to amps, for now it will be 4 or maybe 5 powermaster D3100s and my 2 batteries for the diesel (that are soon to be upgraded) all 0g wire and added alot of extra grounds off motor to frame etc... my dad has a fab shop and is trying to work some thing up for my cummins to not loose ac or anything and some how get a second alt on ther (anther 320a from DOM :D) and then maybe a fe more runs of 0 and itl be good but even if i cant get the second alt i plan on doing 8 powermaster D3100s (2 for each 3500.1) and id say that would be pleanty..? unless some one else can point me in a better way that is how she will be laid out, i will be starting my build log soon...

thanks for all the input guys but as iv heard some people say im going with FI, bc it seems to have better power rating for me... the 3,000-4,000 for daily i have been doing alot of reading and vid watching and theres not vry many people pushing those AQs with more than 2,000 each .... and agn that is just a general answer not saying that no one is... just that its nothing to look up some builds with FI fully loaded BTLs and see 3,000-6,000 on each

agn i thank everyone for their help but my budget is set for the BTLs so ill stick with them

thanks marlo.. (more along the lines of exactly what i was wanting to find out!)

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

:ph34r: and befor some one calls me a rich boy or spoiled mamas boy i work for my money, i work at a powerplant here in ky BREC swing shift FTL .... not tryn to be a dick but i always see people getting basshed on here for having a new or newer truck and dumping an ass load into a system.... i financed the truck on my own and i sold my other bagged suburban to furnish the money for this system, and now i have roughly 3,000-4,000 coming back in tax returns... so theres my funding around 7,000 and iv already bought all RF power series components (with Qforms kicks) and alot of other shit so basicly the rest of my money is going to subs roughly-$2000, amps roughly $2200, and batteries ... as many as i can buy with what i have left over....

thanks guys

realy wasnt tryn to sound like a dick... i love this forum it has helped me and many of my friends greatly, id never dreamed of even thinking about me doing a system (bigger than your average bestbuy setup or wte) thanks to steve and all the mods and everyone realy iv gotten alot of info from here and alot of build help / techniques :hi::drinks:

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Well if you got the $$ for loaded BTLs then why even consider the AQ when the DD 9500 is superior. The DD9500 is more comparable to the BTL than the HDC.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

:ph34r: and befor some one calls me a rich boy or spoiled mamas boy i work for my money, i work at a powerplant here in ky BREC swing shift FTL .... not tryn to be a dick but i always see people getting basshed on here for having a new or newer truck and dumping an ass load into a system.... i financed the truck on my own and i sold my other bagged suburban to furnish the money for this system, and now i have roughly 3,000-4,000 coming back in tax returns... so theres my funding around 7,000 and iv already bought all RF power series components (with Qforms kicks) and alot of other shit so basicly the rest of my money is going to subs roughly-$2000, amps roughly $2200, and batteries ... as many as i can buy with what i have left over....

thanks guys

realy wasnt tryn to sound like a dick... i love this forum it has helped me and many of my friends greatly, id never dreamed of even thinking about me doing a system (bigger than your average bestbuy setup or wte) thanks to steve and all the mods and everyone realy iv gotten alot of info from here and alot of build help / techniques :hi::drinks:

The 3500d.1 is $749, so more like $3000 now. But i'm sure they are worth it, they look pretty nice. G/L with the build i'll be watching.

Well if you got the $$ for loaded BTLs then why even consider the AQ when the DD 9500 is superior. The DD9500 is more comparable to the BTL than the HDC.

Well like I said I was thinkin that maybe the AQ was equall maybe I could save myself some xtra cash.. An I love to own some DDs but I thought they were way outa my price range?? Iv never even seen a site or anyone who sells them

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

The 3500d.1 is $749, so more like $3000 now. But i'm sure they are worth it, they look pretty nice. G/L with the build i'll be watching.

yea lol idk what I was thinkn haha Iv just been to caught up in prices n shit, but yea the 3000 on the amps... Hopefully I don't let you guys and myself down!

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

If everything is done correctly and the install is up to par with the products used in it, then you definitely shouldn't be disappointed in the results.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived