Sonic Electronix

How to wire through "S" shaped door grommet

fish the wiree through with a thicker cable or something like that

what i saw around the interwebz was to fish the wire until you hit that plug blocking it from going into the actull door and cut a small hole in the gromet then drill a hole big enough to fit the wire about 1/4" down from the bottem of the gromet then tape it or something IDK, im interested in an answer aswell due to im taking off from work saterday to get some work done since i only have 1 working door speaker in my car with my subs, which = me feeling everything no sound

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Well i would post a pic, but moms cars in the way, and i'm not moving it cause I don't feel like pissing off my dad tonight.. But just imagine an S on its side. That's how it looks. And I can't use a caot hanger? Lol it's metal, and this is a rubber S serpentine grommet. If it was a straight run sure I'm not that retarted to know how to do that.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

google ftw, this is almost what mine looks like but more rounded and more of a curve, prob the same as what this guys talkin bout, grommetinstalledwithwires.jpg

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

google ftw, this is almost what mine looks like but more rounded and more of a curve, prob the same as what this guys talkin bout, grommetinstalledwithwires.jpg

Not even close lol. It's seriously and S shape. It's a 97 accord.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

That doesn't look "S" shaped to me

Nvm i fail at reading

But the coat hanger is probably your best shot..

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

the way mine in my truck is kinda like a s somewhat

i took out my kick panel, took off door panel, popped the grommet out of the door and kick part, then pulled it out for the most part, mine had plugs on the inside to disconnect so it was alot easier, and i just cut a lil hole in it big enough for the speaker wire on both ends and stuck some fish tape in it then taped the speaker wire to it, pulled it threw, popped it back in, wire was no were to be seen cause it seals off at door and dash so no tapeing needed this way and wala, i used 14guage for my speakers so its big enough

hope this helps

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Since i cant get a real pic till later, here's a paint version.

i5p63c.png

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

the way mine in my truck is kinda like a s somewhat

i took out my kick panel, took off door panel, popped the grommet out of the door and kick part, then pulled it out for the most part, mine had plugs on the inside to disconnect so it was alot easier, and i just cut a lil hole in it big enough for the speaker wire on both ends and stuck some fish tape in it then taped the speaker wire to it, pulled it threw, popped it back in, wire was no were to be seen cause it seals off at door and dash so no tapeing needed this way and wala, i used 14guage for my speakers so its big enough

hope this helps

i cant disconnect mine :/, and to the OP sorry for blowing up your thread with my questions dude! but i do have the same questions in a sense :D

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

i cant disconnect mine :/, and to the OP sorry for blowing up your thread with my questions dude! but i do have the same questions in a sense :D

Nah brah it's cool we both are on the same subject and have the same problem so it's cool

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived