Should I pump more power to my kappas?

Alex K

I have 6x9 in the back, and 5 1/4 in the doors, powered by a Ea4200 Amp, (70W x4 @ 2ohms) and no joke, my moms stock 05 honda accord speakers are louder. I'm considering ditching the eclipse amp and going up to about 150W x4 at 2 ohms for all the speakers. Any suggestions?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I have 6x9 in the back, and 5 1/4 in the doors, powered by a Ea4200 Amp, (70W x4 @ 2ohms) and no joke, my moms stock 05 honda accord speakers are louder. I'm considering ditching the eclipse amp and going up to about 150W x4 at 2 ohms for all the speakers. Any suggestions?

Weird, I don't have the same speakers you do but they are Kappas. On the stock head unit getting 20 watts rms a piece they are louder then my kenwoods were on 45rms. You sure the eclipse is putting out the power right? The Kappas are rated pretty high on sound I think 93db per watt or something close.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

double check the x overs and polarity of the speakers. a lil more power wouldnt hurt but those should be soundin pretty decent IMO

I know it lol. They were expensive as hell. That's why it's kinda bleh to me. I know they have the capability of being damn nice but atm they aren't loud at all! HU at 62 = about 15 on moms honda haha.. And yeah man polarity is good shape. I think I will try a more powerful amp. I don't think the eclipse is doing it for them. I think i'll try hooking them up directly to the HU and see how loud they get then. If it's louder than what the amp was, then amp is goin bye bye.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Well it was the amp. I hooked them up to the HU and it's now about 5x louder... POS eclipse

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived