Sonic Electronix

So I ordered a Fi Q 15" fully loaded, and I selected the heat ring, which apparently makes you have to get the HiQTS option. I've contacted Fi and they said that this will cause me to lose some db'z and that's not what I wanted at all. I have already build a box ready to drop a Fi Btl, Bl, or Q right in. So what I'm thinking of doing now is as soon as the Fi is delivered, just turning around and selling on here. Literely, not going to even remove the sub from the box. Just going to put it up for sale. This really ruined my day and I really have noone to blame but myself for this mistake. I'll end up probably getting a Bl fully loaded instead. Any suggestions?

And I'm kinda looking for SPL and some SQ. Thats why I think the BL would be better. And i'm running an Audioque 1200D.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I would just keep the Q and see how you like it. It goes along well with the AQ1200D, I love mine.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

i'm just paranoid about that db loss he said. I was all happy and giggity today lol, then its like D: Have you had yours TL'd yet? And what options do you have on your Q?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

i'm just paranoid about that db loss he said. I was all happy and giggity today lol, then its like D: Have you had yours TL'd yet? And what options do you have on your Q?

If you are not out for pure competition I would not really worry about it. You could more than likely put that sub, and a different one with other options into the same box and they will sound VERY alike. I would not be paranoid, but even if you are paranoid, give it a shot. Just because you haven't used it, doesn't mean you will still get the exact same thing you payed for it, because if you post that price up, why wouldn't people just go straight to Fi and order it from them instead? Just sayin :drinks:

And I love mine, and yes I have been on the meter, only twice. Once was by a "local"ish shop, where I did not even get to do it, I had to sit there and watch them :angry: they hit a 141 even. Then about 2 weeks ago I was at a car show that also had a competition type thingy going on, and when I got on that meter I hit a 142.1 sealed. Not that great of a score, but...it was the first box I ever designed/built myself, before I knew half of the things I know now. So the box definitely can be rebuilt to a WAY more efficient box.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

my fiq 18 knocks like no other and it slam's the lows,never had it metered dont really care either all i know is this one 18 is 3 times louder than my 2 12 inch fosgates and i'm only running 735 watts can't wait to see what it does when i get a 1300 watt amp to push it. you should definatly try it i bet you wont be disapointed.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

thanks for the incouragement :P I'll try it out and hopefully ill shit myself. and I wouldn't sell it for the exact price anyway lol it lower it :P

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived