Second Skin Audio

I think my box is just too big

Alex K

Well I originally made this box for a Fi BTL 15, but plans changed and I didn't want to redo the box since it had been al l put together. I've been watching videos if sealed 15" Q and shit theyre hitting like bitches and flexing. My box is around 4.2 cubies ported right now. I think if I rebuilt a 2 cubic foot sealed box it would hit harder. do you agree?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

ported ftw.. :peepwall:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

a BTL isnt made to be sealed and I would never put a missive sub like this sealed. As Chapo said, "ported ftw"

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

a BTL isnt made to be sealed and I would never put a missive sub like this sealed. As Chapo said, "ported ftw"

reading>you, read a little closer he has a Fi Q 15 now. OP- trial and error buddy :) I personally never have liked sealed setups, but maybe because ive never heard a good one :shrug::pardon:

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

reading>you, read a little closer he has a Fi Q 15 now. OP- trial and error buddy :) I personally never have liked sealed setups, but maybe because ive never heard a good one :shrug::pardon:

He said hes been watching videos of Fi Qs. I read this really fast, I didnt analyze and mark up the post

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

... well he said btl in it the description

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

Sorry to come off as a douche as it may have seemed, i just read a little closer, ex. when he said plans changed then i seen in his sig what he had, but anyways have a good day guys.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Sorry to come off as a douche as it may have seemed, i just read a little closer, ex. when he said plans changed then i seen in his sig what he had, but anyways have a good day guys.

Its all good man. This isnt CACO so lets just make up..haha. Im viewing this from my iPhone so I didnt see his signature

LMFAO so true

I have a 15" Q in a box built for 15" BTL. the videos i've seen of Q's in sealed look like theyre hitting a lot harder than mine in a ported. I really hate to make another ported box, but I think sealed would sound better honestly. thats why im asking here

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I have a 15" Q in a box built for 15" BTL. the videos i've seen of Q's in sealed look like theyre hitting a lot harder than mine in a ported. I really hate to make another ported box, but I think sealed would sound better honestly. thats why im asking here

In sealed boxes the woofers tend to have more excursion, since there is no way for the backpressure to escape...therefor in a video it will look as if the sealed is louder, as it is moving alot more, though in reality the ported is probably louder.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived