Second Skin Audio

I think my box is just too big

Alex K

make it smaller and make sure to have the right hz, you maybe to high or to low right now :shrug:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Why don´t you post the exact dimensions of the box?? that way we can tell you the exact internal space and tunning, maybe it´s tunning higher than you think, and when you play low notes, the subs bottom out...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I don't think the problem would be that the box is too big.

Sealed boxes will look louder, because they move more air.

But ported should be louder (even with a bad box).

explain the logic behind this. a ported box will displace air from the front and back wave. in a sealed box it only displaces air into the cabin from the front wave.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

This is what I went off of. Bkolfo4 drew this up for me. Only thing I did different was added 1 mre layer to the baffle.

portlength2.jpg

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I double checked the measures and yes, it has 4.5 c/f after displacement @ 33 hz, i haven´t work with Q´s so you better wait for someone to reply, but FI´s web page says that the Q should have 4 c/F max, maybe you should shrink the box? i dunno, maybe you don´t have enough bracing and the box is flexing? it should slam actually!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

In sealed boxes the woofers tend to have more excursion, since there is no way for the backpressure to escape...therefor in a video it will look as if the sealed is louder, as it is moving alot more, though in reality the ported is probably louder.

All I can say is wow. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

This is what I went off of. Bkolfo4 drew this up for me. Only thing I did different was added 1 mre layer to the baffle.

portlength2.jpg

:)

Current system:

Previous systems:

:)

Your box is a beast. If there was a BTL in there it would be perfect. But since I had to put a Q in there it's not working so well lol.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I double checked the measures and yes, it has 4.5 c/f after displacement @ 33 hz, i haven´t work with Q´s so you better wait for someone to reply, but FI´s web page says that the Q should have 4 c/F max, maybe you should shrink the box? i dunno, maybe you don´t have enough bracing and the box is flexing? it should slam actually!!

I'm pretty sure with 3 layers of baffle it's not moving lol. I havnt found a place around here thats far enough from people to check without pissin anyone off.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Get a second 15" Q and seal up the port.

Current system:

Previous systems:

Archived