whats my amp seeing?

Just thought I'd make sure this is right. I have a stock eighty A alt, Aq1200, and my car idles at 14.2 volts.Considering to run my electronics in my car, it takes lets say 30 amps, and the rest (50) is for the sub. 50 x 14.2 = 710 of the 1200+ watts, IF my voltage stays up. That's not happeneing, as its probably n the low 12's. Think if I got an iraggi 180A HO alt, and a kinetik 1400 I would get a ton more power? Thanks

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Just thought I'd make sure this is right. I have a stock eighty A alt, Aq1200, and my car idles at 14.2 volts.Considering to run my electronics in my car, it takes lets say 30 amps, and the rest (50) is for the sub. 50 x 14.2 = 710 of the 1200+ watts, IF my voltage stays up. That's not happeneing, as its probably n the low 12's. Think if I got an iraggi 180A HO alt, and a kinetik 1400 I would get a ton more power? Thanks

Whats your current battery bank like? The 180amp alt could help, depending on the bank.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Big 3 in 0 gauge is done. I have stock duralast in front, and stock 80 amp alt. my lights dim, yes. No bat bank atm

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Big 3 in 0 gauge is done. I have stock duralast in front, and stock 80 amp alt. my lights dim, yes. No bat bank atm

i cant help you much other than tell you to check all grounds to make sure they're solid if you haven't checked that. what are you running the amp at, 1 ohm? i ask this cause i plan on getting an AQ but i will more than likely run it at 4 ohms for quite some time and on stock alt and batt with just the big 3, hopefully as long as it's like that my electrical doesn't suffer much.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Grounds are good. They're bolted directly to my chassis in the trunk. No sheet metal connections, straight to block. It's at 1 ohm. I noticed my headlights still dimming a tad and voltage goin down. Ima hit up iraggi

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Don't forget the amp is not a 100% efficient so that 710 watts going to the amp is not all coming out. But then also the battery is helping out too

Archived